Turned up the volume and a bunch of things not working

:
Mazda 5
I just changed the front speakers and tested the volume, it sounds great but until I turn it up louder the head unit shut down. A bunch of things not working including the following:

1) Power sliding door
2) Interior lights
3) Remote and keyless entry
4) Aftermarket head unit
5) Clock reset by itself every time I turn off the ignition
6) it seems the trip resets, but not all the time.

The car starts fine, the battery is at 12.Xvolt when key is in the ignition. What could have happened?

I haven't had time to check the fuse as the car is parked outdoor and it is night time. Where is the room fuse?

How the heck the speaker can blow a fuse all in a sudden?

EDIT: google is my friend. Need to check all the room fuse and wiring

Last edited:
I haven't had time to check the fuse as the car is parked outdoor and it is night time. Where is the room fuse?

How the heck the speaker can blow a fuse all in a sudden?

EDIT: google is my friend. Need to check all the room fuse and wiring
The speakers didn't blow it, the radio did. Check your ground and speaker polarity. I blew mind when I installed an amp (bad ground). Cranked up radio, speakers went buzzing, pop fuse and then all sorts of weird behavior you described. Don't recall if it was in engine bay or in cabin (side of glove box). Easy fix.

spoke with the seller who sold me the android head unit, he said all his units cannot go above certain volume and it will blow some fuses. I have been driving German cars in the past 20 years and never heard such thing lol

Latest posts

Back