2017+ CX-5 Moose Test

The comment was meant to the argument that the stability control intervention threshold changes if you slam it with a hard suspension and sticky race car tires. They tested for the moose as people will likely have the car equipped and it did just fine.

Yea I don*t get why they*re using such skinny tires and wheels. 8* with at least 235 or 245 would be great.

Because it's a CUV for on-pavement use.

Skinny tires:

Get better mileage.
Get better traction on ice/snow that isn't super super deep/wet pavement.
Cost less.

Yup its basically a hatchback/wagon. I added wagon since it is longer but they do make it look more like a hatch with it being taller also.

This is part of what has me thinking about the Mazda 3 5-door when it gets SA-X IF they also keep the manual, and add AWD. It still has 6.1" of ground clearance minimum, which the new CX5 only has 7.5. My Gen 1 handles great and manages 8.5 though, which is really nice, but after assessing my road over the last year, I feel comfortable dropping to 6" ground clearance. Not much further though.

This is part of what has me thinking about the Mazda 3 5-door when it gets SA-X IF they also keep the manual, and add AWD. It still has 6.1" of ground clearance minimum, which the new CX5 only has 7.5. My Gen 1 handles great and manages 8.5 though, which is really nice, but after assessing my road over the last year, I feel comfortable dropping to 6" ground clearance. Not much further though.

A 3 with AWD would be awesome imo. Especially with a tad more power.

The SA-X 2.5 engine should be at 200HP. Should allow the new Mazda3 to get in the mid 6's. Oh and don't forget new version of Torque vectoring. Exactly why I'm waiting after 2020 to get a new car. Allow the tech to mature.

The SA-X 2.5 engine should be at 200HP. Should allow the new Mazda3 to get in the mid 6's. Oh and don't forget new version of Torque vectoring. Exactly why I'm waiting after 2020 to get a new car. Allow the tech to mature.

Just saw the new preview for the hybrid RAV4. I'll sacrifice mid 6's for high 7's and 52mpg and much better AWD than Mazda's got or gonna have, near 50/50 weight dist, and Toyota's reliability. If it drops like that, done with Mazda.

Just saw the new preview for the hybrid RAV4. I'll sacrifice mid 6's for high 7's and 52mpg and much better AWD than Mazda's got or gonna have, near 50/50 weight dist, and Toyota's reliability. If it drops like that, done with Mazda.

Don't blame ya. The new RAV is on my sights too!! Same with post 2020 CX-5. I've got time. Both are gonna be better than CRV.

Don't blame ya. The new RAV is on my sights too!! Same with post 2020 CX-5. I've got time. Both are gonna be better than CRV.

Yep. I'm thinking if I do the deed, it will likely be a second year model (a 2020) bought in late 2020 as a certified pre-owned. I will replace tires on my CX5 in the next 2 months, and the brakes should last another 75k miles (they lasted 95K with OEM), at least, and I should hit the end of 2020 at about the time tires are due again. I'll pocket the $600 and trade to the RAV as a certified 2020 model. I don't buy 1st year stuff.

Back