Mazda beats VW... again

Hi Xtrailman

Is this the 2018 models and if so what is your source? My 2016 has been fine with no engine issues or brake vacuum issues. You keep harking back to your 2013 model which you no longer have.

Source is the UK Mazda owners on face book.
I'm not harking back to the crap 2013 car which lasted 2 years in my owner ship, but simply saying an issue from then is still current today. My 2015 car also has a PCM recall which affects a lot of cars not just my year.

My previous car, it was a Rabbit and I have owned it for almost 7 years and I did not have a single issue with it, I can't say the same thing about the CX5.
I'm not a fan of the new look of VWs, though. Except the Atlas and GTI.

I still kinda miss my MKV Rabbit!

Yes, it was the 2.5L engine, shadow blue, 4 doors.
I can say the same thing, sometimes I miss it as well.
What I don't miss, is the lower sitting position, I have a lower back pain, once in a while.
MPGs were worse than with the CX5.
The 5, I have read that it was actually fun to drive, why do you say that it's boring.
If it would have had a better looking front, not that big mouth, I would have considered it.

Yes, it was the 2.5L engine, shadow blue, 4 doors.
I can say the same thing, sometimes I miss it as well.
What I don't miss, is the lower sitting position, I have a lower back pain, once in a while.
MPGs were worse than with the CX5.
The 5, I have read that it was actually fun to drive, why do you say that it's boring.
If it would have had a better looking front, not that big mouth, I would have considered it.

My CC gave me sciatica since the seat positions were kind of weird. The CX-5 and Mazda6 are far more comfortable to my back.

Source is the UK Mazda owners on face book.
I'm not harking back to the crap 2013 car which lasted 2 years in my owner ship, but simply saying an issue from then is still current today. My 2015 car also has a PCM recall which affects a lot of cars not just my year.

I've also had the PCM recall which stated a better accelerator response and quieter engine. Not really noticed the quieter engine but the response seems more snappy with smoother auto gear changes. I've not looked at the Facebook page recently. Better start looking!

Last edited:
Just like the Atlas has a V6 upgrade I think what the Tiguan really needs is the version of that 2.0T Audi is using in the Q3/5. I doubt that the gas mileage would be that much worse.

Just like the Atlas has a V6 upgrade I think what the Tiguan really needs is the version of that 2.0T Audi is using in the Q3/5. I doubt that the gas mileage would be that much worse.

Uk SWB car does get the 180ps 2T, shortly due to be uprated to 190ps from Feb.

I've also had the PCM recall which stated a better accelerator response and quieter engine. Not really noticed the quieter engine but the response seems more snappy with smoother auto gear changes. I've not looked at the Facebook page recently. Better start looking!

Seems odd that my 2015 car suddenly needs a re flash, I would sooner leave things as they are as I don't have an issue with the performance.
Trouble with FB is it takes ages to find older posts.

I drove a top-of-the-line Tiguan last weekend and was largely unimpressed particularly with the lack of engine performance compared to my CX5. At over $37K for the VW the Mazda is clearly the winner in my book.

My CC gave me sciatica since the seat positions were kind of weird. The CX-5 and Mazda6 are far more comfortable to my back.

The VW did not cause the back pain, it just flared it up, as I was getting out of it. I'm not blaming the car for that. It was job related. I never had complaint about the car's seat comfort.
It felt like a very solid car, I can't say the same thing about Japanese cars.
I haven't driven the Tiguan yet, most likely I will never will, but the looks is bad and it's weak. The only thing good about it, is the interior size. Some people need that.
I'm happy, that I don't have to buy another SUV, because I don't like any of them, that I could afford. QX50 looks nice though.

I do agree with your comment on solid feel generally. To me the Mazda also feels solid or more German than other Japanese cars Ive experienced.

The VW did not cause the back pain, it just flared it up, as I was getting out of it. I'm not blaming the car for that. It was job related. I never had complaint about the car's seat comfort.
It felt like a very solid car, I can't say the same thing about Japanese cars.
I haven't driven the Tiguan yet, most likely I will never will, but the looks is bad and it's weak. The only thing good about it, is the interior size. Some people need that.
I'm happy, that I don't have to buy another SUV, because I don't like any of them, that I could afford. QX50 looks nice though.

The CC was really low to the ground. You looked cool in that low cockpit but man does it hurt your back after 30+ minutes.

Worst seats goes to 2012 Honda Accord. They had a plastic board that digs into your back :( on purpose. Some ergonomic BS. Very irritating.

Qx50 has not CVT right?

Back