Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mazda beats VW... again

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    My CC gave me sciatica since the seat positions were kind of weird. The CX-5 and Mazda6 are far more comfortable to my back.
    The VW did not cause the back pain, it just flared it up, as I was getting out of it. I'm not blaming the car for that. It was job related. I never had complaint about the car's seat comfort.
    It felt like a very solid car, I can't say the same thing about Japanese cars.
    I haven't driven the Tiguan yet, most likely I will never will, but the looks is bad and it's weak. The only thing good about it, is the interior size. Some people need that.
    I'm happy, that I don't have to buy another SUV, because I don't like any of them, that I could afford. QX50 looks nice though.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

I do agree with your comment on solid feel generally. To me the Mazda also feels solid or more German than other Japanese cars I’ve experienced.

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

Quote Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
    The VW did not cause the back pain, it just flared it up, as I was getting out of it. I'm not blaming the car for that. It was job related. I never had complaint about the car's seat comfort.
    It felt like a very solid car, I can't say the same thing about Japanese cars.
    I haven't driven the Tiguan yet, most likely I will never will, but the looks is bad and it's weak. The only thing good about it, is the interior size. Some people need that.
    I'm happy, that I don't have to buy another SUV, because I don't like any of them, that I could afford. QX50 looks nice though.
    The CC was really low to the ground. You looked cool in that low cockpit but man does it hurt your back after 30+ minutes.

Worst seats goes to 2012 Honda Accord. They had a plastic board that digs into your back on purpose. Some ergonomic BS. Very irritating.

Qx50 has not CVT right?

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Yup and jatco cvt are nasty imo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123