What part of the headlight is this? New owner question.

Jaytix

:
2016 cx-5 grand touring
Hi all,

I just bought my certified pre-owned 2016 cx-5 grand touring and I have a question. The U shaped light in my headlight is out. I believe that is the daytime running led light? Am I correct? also would this be covered under my warranty? In the inspection checklist it said it was working but it is not. I just picked up the car two days ago. any help would be greatly appreciated.

photo below(not my photo):

s-l64.jpg

Just take it back and demand that they fix it. You*ve ugly had it 48 hours for God*s sake! No reputable dealer would deny that claim.

Hi all,

I just bought my certified pre-owned 2016 cx-5 grand touring and I have a question. The U shaped light in my headlight is out. I believe that is the daytime running led light? Am I correct? also would this be covered under my warranty? In the inspection checklist it said it was working but it is not. I just picked up the car two days ago. any help would be greatly appreciated.

photo below(not my photo):

s-l64.jpg
Yeh every accent LED DRL on 2016 CX-5 with Tech Package will fail. You have to replace the entire unit as there's no components can be replaced. The MSRP for EACH LED headlight on this CX-5 is ~$1,200! So you better go back to your Mazda dealer have them replacing BOTH under CPO warranty with revised "J" version.

You do not know that.

Sounds like a man who really, REALLY doesn't want that to be true! Can't blame you.

And you're almost surely right.

But if he had written "most" instead of "every".... he wouldn't know that either. But he could easily be right.

I have seen many Mazda cx-5 with that DRL out on one side here in Sweden on the road. Go back to the dealer before it is too late.

Seen a few around here in texas like that. I lol a little inside because my brighter DRL LED cost me like $20 a set.

Sounds like a man who really, REALLY doesn't want that to be true! Can't blame you.

LOL (thumb)

Not really though. I have a connection. My lights could die 5 years from now and I'll get them replaced by Mazda... well if my dude still works there. Although I may be trading her in this winter after seeing there is a turbo coming.

LOL (thumb)

Not really though. I have a connection. My lights could die 5 years from now and I'll get them replaced by Mazda... well if my dude still works there. Although I may be trading her in this winter after seeing there is a turbo coming.

Nice to have that connection!

I have seen tons of CX-5s around here, none with bad DRL's though.

I have yet to see one. And there's so many Mazdas here. Although coincidentally I happened to be in a CX5 convoy today and snapped this pic. Then noticed guy in front of me...has a tail light out.
Also reminded how much better my tails look. [emoji41] Don't care what you drive you have to admit the 1st gen LED tails were the best.
276edde65e8cba1ec7b03df9f1791865.jpg

Back