Does the CX-9 only allow for one saved phone-book in its Nav system?

M3rc Nate

:
Mazda, CX-9, Grand Touring AWD, 2012
So my family just got a used CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with nav system and in attempting to setup a few phones to the nav system, using bluetooth, we have run into an issue. We have two Android phones saved to the nav system but we can't get more than one phone-book saved into the system. My father saved his phone and phone-book to the nav and then we saved my phone to the nav. After that, when we try to download my phone-book it says it will delete the phone-book saved in the nav in order to do so. When we click accept, it deletes my fathers phone-book and saves mine. When we switch and connect his phone to the nav, it shows my phone-book and not his.

It seems like either one phone-book can be saved, which is really odd considering it allows for up to seven bluetooth phone pairing I believe, or it should be able to save a phone-book for each bluetooth phone pairing but it isn't and something is wrong. Thanks for any help you can give. If you need more details or a better description, I'd be more than happy to provide it.

The phonebook feature in the '12 is just horrible. You can upload a set of contacts (I forget the max number), and you can never edit it. You can't just manually add or delete any contact. When I got my '12, I also had an '07 Lexus. Even though it was 5 years older, its nav/infotainment system was way better than the '12 CX-9.

Here's another fun fact--most of the times when my wife gets an incoming call, the nav shows that it is the first alphabetical listing in her phone book, no matter who is actually calling. It show "CALL FROM ALEX SEXON" whether or not Alex Sexon is calling (name changed to protect the innocent--and the guilty!).

Last edited:
The phonebook feature in the '12 is just horrible. You can upload a set of contacts (I forget the max number), and you can never edit it. You can't just manually add or delete any contact. When I got my '12, I also had an '07 Lexus. Even though it was 5 years older, it's nav/infotainment system was way better than the '12 CX-9.

Here's another fun fact--most of the times when my wife gets an incoming call, the nav shows that it is the first alphabetical listing in her phone book, no matter who is actually calling. It show "CALL FROM ALEX SEXON" whether or not Alex Sexon is calling (name changed to protect the innocent--and the guilty!).

Thanks for responding! So to be clear, as far as you know, can you only upload one contact list total?

I'll have to test and see if the incoming caller ID does the same thing in our CX-9.

Back