Toyo

Toyo

:
2018 CX-5 GT+PP AWD Snowflake White Pearl Mica
2DAF876E-8CF4-42CA-9DD6-39B0C15F7393.jpeg

Meet Toyo. My first ever Mazda. Love it so far.
I am coming from a Lexus that cost double in price with almost double the HP, yet this car has a soul and is just.....better. I got an amazing deal that made me not wait for the 2019 model.

Done 20% tint and plasti dipped rims today. Its a GT model with Premium package (the HUD is epic) and I cant wait to experience more miles with Toyo.

Last edited:
attachment.php
View attachment 219774

Meet Toyo. My first ever Mazda. Love it so far.
I am coming from a Lexus that cost double in price with almost double the HP, yet this car has a soul and is just.....better. I got an amazing deal that made me not wait for the 2019 model.

Done 20% tint and plasti dipped rims today. Its a GT model with Premium package (the HUD is epic) and I cant wait to experience more miles with Toyo.
Congrats!

Cool looking CX-5! You still have your OE Toyo A36 tires right? Mind to tell us which Lexus did you use to have? A NX or an IS?

I was about to ask what rims those are as Ive only seen GTs with 19" "Pizza" rims.
Plastidip holds up well after road use?

Yes, still have the Toyo tires. Car only has 60-ish miles on it. I am coming from a 2017 Lexus GS 350 F Sport. Sedan, completely different animal. I test drove a 2018 non F-Sport NX and it was too loud and I don*t like the missing chin design. The F-Sport version of the NX (looks stunning) was $100/month more than my CX5, requires premium gas and insurance cost would be higher too. But the Turbo was nice...

And thank you (all) for the warm welcome.

Last edited:
I used to have plasti dip on my White Subaru and they looked great IF you*d clean them regularly. Otherwise they look like sand paper with all the brake dust. They can last for couple or more years if you do a good job when applying them.

This time I used a glossifier on top of plasti dip to make it more *real* looking. Keeping them clean is going to be a bxxxx but it cost me $15 and some time to have black rims. I really didn*t want to spend $600 for another set when I have brand new tires on them. When clean, in rain and in dark they look amazing. And winter is coming so I thought they will protect them rims for the next few months from all the salt and whatnot.

Yes, these are the pizza rims btw. I love pizza, but not these rims in stock form. Lol

55C004F2-9B87-448A-BB4C-14B7674BABF9.jpeg

Last edited:
I test drove a 2018 non F-Sport NX and it was too loud and I don*t like the missing chin design.

Not sure why Lexus/Toyota can't fill that missing section correctly. It messes up a really good design.

I test drove a 2018 non F-Sport NX and it was too loud and I don't like the missing chin design.
Not sure why Lexus/Toyota can't fill that missing section correctly. It messes up a really good design.
Are you two talking about big black "X" front grille? I'd say it's following the ugly front fascia of Acura nicely although Acura finally gave up its design language on its newer MDX. In fact that ugly front grille on Lexus stopped my wife getting a Lexus RX she's always been wanting!

I also think Lexus is the only vehicle looks nicer with a front license plate! (eek2)

Are you two talking about big black "X" front grille? I'd say it's following the ugly front fascia of Acura nicely although Acura finally gave up its design language on its newer MDX. In fact that ugly front grille on Lexus stopped my wife getting a Lexus RX she's always been wanting!

I also think Lexus is the only vehicle looks nicer with a front license plate! (eek2)

Agree. The front of Lexus cars are hideous. I have friends who own the current NX/RC/IS/RX and I don't care too much for the look.

Back