Rear view cam straight trajectory

:
2017 CX5 GS, 2018 X3 xDrive30i, 2019 Tesla Model 3
I never had issues with Mazda rearview cam trajectory that does not curve.
Now I have a vehicle that does, I have problem.
The BMW X3 curving trajectory confuses heck out of me and my wife.
The degree of curve keeps changing with amount of steering input as it should but it does not help parking in reverse.
Mazda system is much more intuitive.
I adjust steering to make the straight trajectory lines go where I want them. They dont keep changing like bmw system.
So if you are wondering, you are not missing anything.

Yeah I like the fixed position lines. My friend has a Mini cooper clubman and the backup camera has no guidance lines. D:

Been preaching this for awhile. The bendy lines suck. If you NEED those, you can't park. The straight lines show me exactly what I need to know.

I never take any notice of those moving lines but if I do, they are extraordinarily accurate. The car ends up exactly where they say it will. The display has both fixed and moving lines.

I never take any notice of those moving lines but if I do, they are extraordinarily accurate. The car ends up exactly where they say it will. The display has both fixed and moving lines.
Yes, been experienced in a BMW 5 Series, I dont mind to have BOTH static and dynamic trajectory in rearview camera while backing up especially in a very tight space. If you dont like the dynamic lines which keep changing, you can simply ignore them and concentrate on static lines.

And BTW, Mazda CX-5 does use dynamic lines in the backup camera but we just dont get it in the US.

Where? Xeler doesn't have bendies. Pretty sure they don't bend anywhere.

Last edited:
Where? Xeler doesn't have bendies. Pretty sure they don't bend anywhere.
Anchormans CX-5 has it. I even asked him to post a picture along with integrated front and rear parking sensor feature with graph which we dont get either.

Dynamic backup guidelins in rearview camera and integrated front/rear parking sensors are also available for CX-5 in Asia such as Japan and Taiwan where the parking space is very tight.

The upcoming Toyota RAV4 will offer dynamic backup guidelines too.

Here are some of Anchormans posts:

The front sensors are integrated into the rear camera so it generates an image of the front and back sensors on the screen that drops out at about 3mph. Cars with HID headlights must have headlamp washers but not LEDs, don't ask me why!
The parking sensors show up on the rear camera screen too but no headlight washers and no rear camera washer as you can see!

IMG_2821_zpsssibhuhb.jpg
The front sensors come on automatically immediately after having reversed OR they can be manually operated from a button on the dash. When you drive off they go off at about 5mph or you can push the switch again.

Heres another post showing yellow dynamic backup guideline、integrated front parking sensor、and headlight washer on a Euro gen-2 CX-5:

there is more than that even there is headlight wash splinters and it looks better with them cause under the headlights of cx5 its already looking empty. and the European one has chrome ( or i think brushed aluminium) under the bumper running all around the car and a mid trim has aluminum brushed looking try under the bumper . plus the other mentioned stuff. I believe that the camera guide lines give you more feeling of the space around and without them i used to not look at the camera until i rented another car with guide lines and started to trust and use the camera more. I cant email Mazda north america and tell them " I drove and tested the car in Europe and bought it from US and shipped it cause its not yet in Bahrain".
Untitled_1.jpg

Wait...where is he? Isn't he the dude with the US car in Germany? Or is that Buzzman.

⋯ If you are referring to me, I am in Oz land and we also get bending lines on our 360 view monitor.
Please take a shot and show us what the dynamic guideline on 360 view monitor looks like on your CX-5. Do you have integrated front/rear parking sensors too?

Wait...where is he? Isn't he the dude with the US car in Germany? Or is that Buzzman.

You're thinking of boandlkramer.

Anchorman is in the UK. Used to have a red CX-5, has a silver or grey one now I think.

Xeler8ing is Down Under.

You guys are forgetting who's who lol.

Anyway, I used to think the bendy lines were cool when I saw them in rental cars I had. Now adays though, they seem like they are actually less usefull for parking. I think for parking, I agree 7, that the fixed lines are better. Only time bendy lines might be helpful that I can still think of, is not for parking, but when backing out of a parking spot in a tight parking lot. But even then, not really looking at the lines themselves at that point.

Last edited:
Please take a shot and show us what the dynamic guideline on 360 view monitor looks like on your CX-5.

Pretty much like the one here shown in the 6 just clearer in real life as as I am not sitting as close to it as like the image:

2janps4.jpg

Do you have integrated front/rear parking sensors too?

Yes

Last edited:
Back