EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve

:
Mazda CX-5 Sport Nav auto 175
Following on from my last post about DPF regens, I think I will clean out the EGR - if it's anything like my previous 1.9 Vauxhall it will need doing. Car has done 97K with FSH.

I tried removing the intake hose and spraying down into the pipe, but the engine repeatedly died after only a brief squirt. Does anyone have tips on how to remove the EGR valve for a full clean (and presumably the throttle body as well)? I can't find anything online.

No dashboard lights currently on, but I did get an EML light on the first day - recovery tech. said it was EGR, but cleared it and it hasn't returned - yet!

Help very much appreciated.

Sorry we have not seen few diesel owners here mentioned EGR issues. But for a very early CX-5 diesel such as your 2012 2.2D Sport Nav auto, therere many other issues you need to worry about, some are major too. Issues like oil dilution, excessive DPF regens, cam worn out, brake vacuum servo failure, head gasket failure due to overheating without warning, etc. I personally wouldnt suggest anyone to get an early CX-5 diesel under any circumstances because of these. Do a search youll find many posts discussing these problems in earlier days especially in the following thread. The mode of discussion in the thread is from exciting in 2012s posts when CX-5 diesel just came out, changed to problem reports in the middle of 2,341 posts. And strangely most of these posters are no longer here, meaning they might have already dumped their problematic CX-5 diesel and gone from this forum.

How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Following on from my last post about DPF regens, I think I will clean out the EGR - if it's anything like my previous 1.9 Vauxhall it will need doing. Car has done 97K with FSH.

I tried removing the intake hose and spraying down into the pipe, but the engine repeatedly died after only a brief squirt. Does anyone have tips on how to remove the EGR valve for a full clean (and presumably the throttle body as well)? I can't find anything online.

No dashboard lights currently on, but I did get an EML light on the first day - recovery tech. said it was EGR, but cleared it and it hasn't returned - yet!

Help very much appreciated.

You need a buddy to rev the engine slightly as you squirt (giggity) to keep it from stalling

Yeah, aware of most of those. But my car has full Mazda history and drives beautifully (at present anyway), I am concerned especially about regens, and I reckon that a dirty EGR will not help that issue, hence the question. Where the heck is the EGR anyway - I can barely see at the back of the engine.

Back