Really disappointed with paint thickness :(

2017 cx-5 white mica - no chips. 2017 cx-3 dark blue 2 chips in one spot from a rock. Not seeing any paint issues so far.

Parked next to a Mitsubishi today that had the same scratch marks behind the handle. Why do companies not have some plastic behind there ..like my old Saab did? Every one of my Saabs did.

Parked next to a Mitsubishi today that had the same scratch marks behind the handle. Why do companies not have some plastic behind there ..like my old Saab did? Every one of my Saabs did.

Type these words into the search area of Ebay and you will find all the cups you can handle. All years are covered.

"cx-5 door handle cups chrome"

Great. Chromes going to scratch too. And look gaudy as hell imo. One of the things I hate about the new CX5 is all the chrome. Hate chrome.
Got anything else?

Last edited:
I am not a chrome fan but my 18 GT is nicely highlighted by just a bit of chrome.

Great. Chromes going to scratch too. And look gaudy as hell imo. One of the things I hate about the new CX5 is all the chrome. Hate chrome.
Got anything else?

Agreed. One of the big turnoffs I have about the Gen 2s. Can do a chrome delete around the windows, but that front end still...

Fair enough, I was just trying to make the point that the paint issue isn't limited to 2017+ CX5s. If you guys are only concerned with 2017+ paint on CX-5s only, I'll bow out.

I only have direct knowledge of the vehicle I own but I doubt it's a model (or colour) specific issue.

Saw a CRV with the same issue. Apparently quite common.

Back