2013 front susp knock

:
CX5
Morning

Cheating here a bit to hopefully save some time looking for my knock . I have a 2013 with 160 thou kms, or 100thou miles , and it has a distinct knock as the front tyre hits a bump or travels over a sudden depression in the road . Was wondering whats the weak bush in the front suspension . I would almost guess the top strut bearing .

Cheers
Chris

Most likely strut bearing, also check the stabilizer end link for slop. If the nut is loose it will bang when the stabilizer bar is suddenly loaded. Also the large circular bushing that surrounds the projection at the end of the lower control arm can be prone to knock if it's worn out.

Could also be a weak strut allowing the wheel to bounce more, very likely at 100k

If its the opposite side of the transmission. Check the motor mount by the timing chain. When they wear out, you may not feel anything different, but a knock when you hit a bump.

I have a similar problem on 2014 CX-5 GT with 68K miles. Knock coming from driver's side suspension area when going over a high area or a depression on road surface. Was told suspension bushing worn out and mechanic shop would need to order entire suspension arm since Mazda dealer does not offer option to replace bushing only. Can the bushing be purchased by itself or is the mechanic shop trying to score a touchdown on this?

I have a similar problem on 2014 CX-5 GT with 68K miles. Knock coming from driver's side suspension area when going over a high area or a depression on road surface. Was told suspension bushing worn out and mechanic shop would need to order entire suspension arm since Mazda dealer does not offer option to replace bushing only. Can the bushing be purchased by itself or is the mechanic shop trying to score a touchdown on this?

I'd check with a dealer about that or on www.zoomzoomnationparts.com to see if it's listed in the parts catalogue. Of course you will need to know which bushing he is talking about. If it's this part http://www.hardrace.com/Product_detail.asp?id=3487 it is replaceable.. and you can get the OEM as well (but I wouldn't replace a suck part with another suck part). If it's just the pressed in bushing you'd wanna check the dealer.

Back