Firmware question

My settings and favorites remained when I updated to version 70.xx prior to my CarPlay/AA installation.

Grateful if some one could describe in detail on how to down load latest firmware in to cx5 in plain English for the non IT mortals .😁

Grateful if some one could describe in detail on how to down load latest firmware in to cx5 in plain English for the non IT mortals .��

Start here: https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...nect-all-firmware-version-only-downloads.html

The first post has a link to a hidrive URL (cloud storage) and find your country/region folder. In there are links to different firmware versions, and at the bottom (at least in the NA folder) is a PDF with instructions on how to install.

How to recognise firmware version in Mazda CX-5 2015 USA version. There is v51 and I want upgrade to v55 but which letters A, B or C? I read it's depend on USB-HUB version, but how to recognise it without remove USB-HUB part from car?

How to recognise firmware version in Mazda CX-5 2015 USA version. There is v51 and I want upgrade to v55 but which letters A, B or C? I read it's depend on USB-HUB version, but how to recognise it without remove USB-HUB part from car?

Only thing regarding usb hub is version 70. If you didnt change the hub to new aa/cp one then any north american firmware through 59.xx.

Grateful if some one could describe in detail on how to down load latest firmware in to cx5 in plain English for the non IT mortals .��

Here is the link to the download:

https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/NA_N

If you have the new USB Hub you need to use version 70, if you don't you may use any of the others.

Steps:
1) Format a USB thumb drive to FAT32 on a windows machine (if you use a Mac you have to use another app to delete the hidden files later).
2) Download both the Failsafe and the Reinstall firmware files.
3) Transfer them to the USB drive
4) Make sure there are no other files on the thumb drive or the install will not work.
5) Turn ignition off
6) Remove the navigation SD card and unplug all attached devices
7) Turn the ignition on to ACC only (don't start the vehicle)
8) Once the infotainment system is booted, switch source to AM or FM.
9) Press the Music + Favorite + Volume Mute for a few seconds to enter the Diagnostic Test
10) Hit "3" then ENTER, then CLEAR
11) Hit "2" then ENTER then CLEAR then EXIT
12) Turn vehicle off, lock the car with remote, move away from the vehicle, wait 3-5 minutes
13) Unlock vehicle with remote, turn on car to ACC again.
14) Insert the firmware USB drive, wait for the USB to be recognized by the systems
15) Start the Diagnostic System again (Music + Favorite + Volume Mute)
16) Enter "99" then Enter
17) Select "Search"
18) Select "Fail Safe Package" and then select "Install"

DO NOT RESTART OR SWITCH IGNITION OFF UNTIL STEP

19) Start Diagnostic System again (Music + Favorite + Volume Mute) then enter "99" then "ENTER"
20) Select the "Reinstallation Package" and then select "Install"
21) This process will take 30-45 minutes (Don't panic if it looks like it is stuck on the same percentage complete for awhile).
22) DON"T LEAVE THE VEHICLE you need to press the brake every 15 minutes or the system will shut down after 25 minutes to conserve the battery.
23) Once completed you will get a message to restart the vehicle...DO NOT RESTART...just switch the ignition off DO NOT PRESS THE BRAKE OR CLUTCH WHILE DOING THIS.
24) Remove the USB drive, close the doors, lock with the remote, wall away from the vehicle for 3-5 minutes.
25) Unlock with the remote switch the vehicle on to ACC again, wait for the system to bott up.
26) Confirm the new software version in the settings menu, is it is the new version updated you are good to go.
27) Switch ignition off again, then insert the Navigation SD card.
28) Turn ignition on and check that Navigation and radio is working and you are done.

It sounds worse than it is.

Guys, thanks a lot :) Firmware update succeeded. I installed 59.000.545A_EU and everything is OK. Instruction is shorted version (but full version) described at PDF manual and works well.
Now I have next challenge. I have to force the USA radio to cooperate with European FM frequency - software is not enough. But it's another topic. I will be looking for solution.

God bless you ;-)

Back