9. Nissan Navara 1713
  10. Toyota Rav4 1611
  11. Kia Cerato 1574
  12. Toyota Prado 1518
  13. Hyundai Kona 1513
    [*]Mazda CX-5 1506
  14. Subaru Forester 1470

Source: caradvice.com.au - VFACTS: SEPTEMBER 2018 NEW VEHICLE SALES

Interesting numbers as the dealer I was at mentioned sales were strong with the APR offer going on.

Last edited:
that's a surprise. In USA, Rav4 and CRV are top2 CUV's, aren't they?

Over here CR-Vs are not that highly regarded.

Top 3 for it's class are CX-5, RAV4 and X-Trail (your Rogue)

Mitsubishi ASX gets high sales here due to fleet deals (it's one class below CX-5) even though it's "long in the tooth"

Downturn in industry this month especially Mazda. Also probably because buyers went for the Big M day sale last month now come back down to earth. Itll shoot back up to the top again next month ;)

I did notice less television advertisements from Mazda during September

where is CR-V?

Sure...in the US.

Aussie's seem to know better and I don't think I've ever seen the CR-V on any of these Australia lists you've posted Xeler8. (thumb)

Edit: Though I don't know...seems like you guys still buying Rogues and everyone knows those are a total POS. (rofl)

Edit: Though I don't know...seems like you guys still buying Rogues and everyone knows those are a total POS. (rofl)

Aggressive pricing is the reason plus in their ad here "World's number 1 selling SUV" - so carry's some leverage

How can Nissan say that they are the world's number 1 selling SUV? Total lie. The Rogue isn't even close.

https://focus2move.com/world-best-selling-suv/

This is where they are getting it from:

NISSAN X-TRAIL: THE WORLD'S BEST-SELLING SUV

"The X-TRAIL, known as Rogue in some overseas markets, enjoyed 814,496 sales, up 6.5 per cent Year on Year. It was the fourth most popular vehicle globally in 2017."

Also says so here:

Nissan X-Trail was best-selling SUV in the world in 2017

Nissan X-Trail Is The World's Best Selling SUV

Last edited:
I've been googling world car sales figures just for the heck of it, and the list and sales numbers changes dramatically depending on whose website you're on.
It's hard to know who to believe anymore.
Looks like Nissan uses JATO numbers to make their claim.
One site shows the RAV4 outselling the Nissan so far this year.
At the end of the day though, I don't really give a crap, as Nissan has been off my buy list for the past 10 years.
I guess I just don't understand why people still buy Nissans. Oh well, to each their own.

(iagree)

The X-Trail is old and sells well because of discounted pricing and fleet.

The CX-5 has sold well (with the exception of September 2018) because it's a great SUV. Number 1 selling SUV here in Oz land since 2012/2013

All the more telling is that Mazda Australia don't target fleet market.

Back