Firmware Features

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
I'm thinking of updating my firmware to v70, not so much because of AA/ACP (I'll get there eventually) but I'm curious about a few features. First, a brief summary of what I'm questioning.

In my Canadian 2017, the vehicle came with firmware 59.00.502, and I noticed that the built-in traffic maps didn't work. No big deal, I know it's not that useful and I figured since I live in Canada that maybe this isn't supported. Also, I know that browsing my phone media worked and allowed me to scroll through songs and artists to select music via Bluetooth.

Eventually I updated the firmware to version 59.00.545, and I noticed that the live traffic updates started working for me. Very cool, however I also noticed that the Bluetooth media browsing stopped working. Well, not entirely. If I disconnect my phone, then reconnect after the car is running, it seems to work just fine. Very strange. I don't know if this is a problem on my phone side or the Mazda firmware.

Then I upgraded to 59.00.546, and I noticed the live traffic stopped working again. I don't think the Bluetooth media browsing was working either but to be honest I didn't stick with .546 long enough to try it out thoroughly. I switched back to .545 and the live traffic started working again. That's where I'm at now.

Anyway, I know I can just upgrade to v70 and try it out, but I was wondering if anyone that has upgraded to v70 already can tell me if either of those features are working and/or broken.

Thanks,

John

I would not update to v70 unless you plan to install the related hardware. Mazda has said they will keep v70 and v59 (or whatever it becomes) as parallel platforms, and v70 is not just an upgrade from 59.

I have v70, but i have not tried BT media browsing (i installed the new hardware too) and the traffic radio app (i assume that is what you mean) has always shown green of an area to large to do me any good.

I'm thinking of updating my firmware to v70, not so much because of AA/ACP (I'll get there eventually) but I'm curious about a few features. First, a brief summary of what I'm questioning.

In my Canadian 2017, the vehicle came with firmware 59.00.502, and I noticed that the built-in traffic maps didn't work. No big deal, I know it's not that useful and I figured since I live in Canada that maybe this isn't supported. Also, I know that browsing my phone media worked and allowed me to scroll through songs and artists to select music via Bluetooth.

Eventually I updated the firmware to version 59.00.545, and I noticed that the live traffic updates started working for me. Very cool, however I also noticed that the Bluetooth media browsing stopped working. Well, not entirely. If I disconnect my phone, then reconnect after the car is running, it seems to work just fine. Very strange. I don't know if this is a problem on my phone side or the Mazda firmware.

Then I upgraded to 59.00.546, and I noticed the live traffic stopped working again. I don't think the Bluetooth media browsing was working either but to be honest I didn't stick with .546 long enough to try it out thoroughly. I switched back to .545 and the live traffic started working again. That's where I'm at now.

Anyway, I know I can just upgrade to v70 and try it out, but I was wondering if anyone that has upgraded to v70 already can tell me if either of those features are working and/or broken.

Thanks,

John

Consider doing this as issues can occur with updates. Remove your "Mazda" from your phone (Bluetooth) and also remove your phone from you car's infotainment system. Shut them both off for, say, a half of minute (I find this important to flush info from memory) and then reconnect your phone via Bluetooth and then try your media search via Bluetooth again.

thanks much John
for your post above.
i was going to get a free upgrade at the dealer, to 59.00.546 from 59.00.502 that i have now, the 502 is just rock solid. browsing, selecting, and playing the audio files, phone calls, contacts, navigation, using favorites, and even traffic map (delay 10 minutes) , they all have no problem.
i stay with my 502 for now.

Consider doing this as issues can occur with updates. Remove your "Mazda" from your phone (Bluetooth) and also remove your phone from you car's infotainment system. Shut them both off for, say, a half of minute (I find this important to flush info from memory) and then reconnect your phone via Bluetooth and then try your media search via Bluetooth again.
Tried this, but still ended up with the same result. When I connect my phone, I can't browse audio files. However if I disconnect and reconnect, I can browse just fine. Just the first time after starting the car and connecting it fails. Weird.

if the phone is android, try update the "Samsung Music" app from google play store and pair again, see will it helps. good luck.

Back