2017 CX-9 wipers for winter

beagles1st

:
CX 9 GT 2017
I am wondering anyone gets the right fit wipers for new CX-9. I am trying to swap in a pair of winter blades in Canada, but I have not found the right one.
Here are what I have found the information and found out so far,

1. Rain-x - might or might not fit. Someone says it fits, but the others say it doesn't.
2. Bosch Envision - Fit, unfortunately, I can't get it in Canada.
3. Trico Exactfit - Fit, but not sure it works well in the winter.
4. Michelin Stealth - Fit, using a narrow PT adapter and cutted out small pieces inside of the adapter.
5. Bosch ICON - Not fit.
6. Trico Ice - Not exactly fit, but it might work.
7. Michelin Optimum xt - Fit, but not work well in the winter

Please advise where to find and which the aftermarket wipers fit.

Last edited:
Did you try the Michelin Optiumum? The web page incorrectly has the 2015 specs for the 2016 car. What they show on the web page will not fit.

NAPA Auto Parts has re-labeled Trico Exact Fit. Trico calls the connector the Push Button FZ, and their blades with the suffix -17B in the catalog number do fit. Other blade makers give the connectors different names--but no one else seems to offer this connector yet.

I'm not aware of any winter specialty blades that will fit our cars. Some have bought the wiper arms for the 2015 CX-9 that has a more standard connector. You might contact Trico and ask if they will have their ICE blade with the Push Button FZ connector out this winter. Pls let us all know what they say. http://tricoproducts.com/ContactUs/ConsumerReplacement

My blades have hardened and are chattering. I just ordered the inserts from a Mazda dealer through ebay (US$21 for both, delivered). There isn't a local dealer convenient for me to get to.

Last edited:
Thank you for the response. I have not tried any of the wipers on the list. I have got all the information from other forums and posts, so it is kind of summary. I am waiting for the answer from Michelin and Rain-x, I'll post it once I have the answers.

There is no exposed metal on these modern beam-type blades, so there's less for ice to freeze to. How about a thin layer of silicone lube on the back of the blade, not on the insert that wipes the glass?

I am unable to find some winter wipers for my 2018 Mazda CX9, if you find any wipers that fits, let me know

Peter, don't trust the listings on line or in auto parts stores. Take a blade in and check for the correct connector. Even if you don't find the right length, if you find the connector, you can probably get the length ordered. I'm also not aware of any winter blades for this connector. Let us all know if you find one.

I checked Trico's web site. Their winter blades, Ice and Chill, don't come in what Trico calls the Push Button EZ connector that our cars have. Bosch doesn't show their two winter blades with that they call the Denso Push Button connector.

Any luck guys? can't believed Mazda would put such a crappy wiper that is not winter ready. Mine become useless after a short while as ice start to form on the wipers.

I found these for my 2018. When you say "have a connector" do you mean the connector comes in the wiper package or is purchased separately from Bosch? Thank you.
I don't recall if the "connector" I used was separate in the box or just what was pre-installed on the wiper blade, but whatever I needed was right there; I didn't have to purchase anything other than the blades.

ETA: the video shows that it's not the "connector" that was pre-installed but rather one that was probably in the box.

Last edited:
Back