Two bent rims on a 2010 Mazda5 GT

McDohl

:
2010 Mazda5 GT
So I went to have a routine rotation done and discovered two of my rims are bent and the accompanying tires have lovely sidewall bulges nearby on the inward facing wall. Both were on the right side and the wife is pretty sure it was when she nailed a pothole while driving near the Atlanta airport recently. The shop moved them to the back and I've since been trying to find OEM replacements with not much luck. There are also basically zero aftermarket rims that I'm finding with the exact stock specs. I've read through a fair bit of material over the last couple days, both here and elsewhere. I've learned quite a bit but I'm left with some questions that weren't quite answered directly and I'd hate to screw the pooch on this since I only have the financial wiggle room to make one good go at this after doing sway bars on our other Mazda5 (an 09) recently.

(My running assuming so far is that all four wheels have to have matching specifications for handling, wear, etc. Correct?)

All I can reasonably find are 17x7s and 17x7.5s that have offsets ranging from 45mm-53mm. Currently have 215/50R17 tires on. Happened to be what was on the wheels when we purchased the vehicle used a few years back, and they felt decent, so we've just stuck with it. Obviously I need to replace the two bulging tires but would there be an issue with keeping this tire spec when moving to the new wheels? The tires are barely a couple months old, so it would be nice to be able to only have to replace the two of them. Limited budget and all that.

Thanks in advance for any help. It is greatly appreciated.

Are they the normal 17" silver wheels?
Part# 9965126570

Rockauto has them for $105 before shipping.

For the tires, unless you're replacing all 4, match the size of the 2 good tires.

Back