Identifying 2016 vs 2016.5

paphater

:
cx 5
We recently bought a 2016 CX 5 and I want to get receiver hitch kit for it but it seems the kits are different for the 16 vs 16.5. Is there a way to physically tell what model year it is?

No. All .5 added was some free stuff. Ex; on GT the Navigation was a$400 upgrade. 16.5 was free. Backup camera was added to all models but that could have been added in 16 as a package. So no...no way to physically tell.
Check your build date. The .5 was announced in Dec 15. If it's later then that it's safe to say it's more then likely a .5.
Edit/
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/h...a-cx-5-gets-more-standard-content-new-pricing

Thanks I'll check the date. We have a sport with a backup camera so possibly the .5. I'll try and verify with the date.

Thanks I'll check the date. We have a sport with a backup camera so possibly the .5. I'll try and verify with the date.
I was going to ask if a Sport. With a Sport being the cheapest one I doubt many paid for that upgrade. Sounds like a .5 to me. I'm not even sure you could add that to a Sport.

Look at the part numbers for both kits, even though they designate diff years, I noticed they both used the same part number...

My '16.5 Touring has LED head and tail lights. I thought that was definitive. Another friend has a '16 Touring and she has HID headlights.

Ive seen some weird CX-5s for sale with the new body but old interior. I assumed those were 16.5s - is that not true?

My '16.5 Touring has LED head and tail lights. I thought that was definitive. Another friend has a '16 Touring and she has HID headlights.
That's true for a Touring. Navigation was added to Touring, too. Although that's not telling as you could add that to a 16.

2016 CX-5 Touring offered Touring Technology Package which came with LED headlights and tail lights. The same on 2016.5 CX-5 Touring. HID was available on 2015 CX-5 and prior.

If only we could get the old body with the new interior, boy o* boy would that be great! Toss in a Turbo to boot, perfecto...
Yep. gen-1 CX-5's body style is definitely superior and has some character.

If only we could get the old body with the new interior, boy o* boy would that be great! Toss in a Turbo to boot, perfecto...

Yep. gen-1 CX-5's body style is definitely superior and has some character.

Offtopic, but what (in your opinion) makes the first gen's exterior better than the current gen? The only thing that the first gen does better exterior wise (my opinion) is the wheel design. Current gen looks sleeker, more athletic.

Offtopic, but what (in your opinion) makes the first gen's exterior better than the current gen? The only thing that the first gen does better exterior wise (my opinion) is the wheel design. Current gen looks sleeker, more athletic.
Gen-1 CX-5 resembles Mazda's original KODO design language perfectly, with unique curve line on the sides.

Mazda Design said:
Inspired design. To bring out the soul.
The CX-5 embodies the latest generation of Mazda vehicle design, called KODO ("soul of motion"). Inspired by the stance of a cheetah the moment before it pounces, it represents the exact moment motion begins, releasing the tremendous force and accumulated energy.

Have you noticed Mazda no longer uses "KODO" anymore?

Back