Guide 2nd Generation CX-9: Running cable for rear dashcam

Sorry for conjuring an old thread but this was really helpful and I wanted to share a tip I found wiring my own:

For those without a wire fishing tool, you can work the cable under the B pillar trim in step 8 from the side.

(1) Run the cable along the trim piece.

(2) Work it just under the edge. It'll feel like there's not much room to fit it under there but there's just enough.

(3) Once the entire run is underneath you can grab it at both ends and gently work it up and over the wire bundle with a "flossing" motion.

IMG_5587.JPEG

IMG_5588.JPEG

IMG_5589.JPEG

Thanks for the guide!

I installed the front half of a Viofo A129 Pro Duo using a hardwire kit.

I ran the cable behind the A pillar. Lifting the cover up and out slightly required a bit of force. I used some forceps to release the clip so that the A pillar cover could be opened up a bit more.

Here's a top down view:
1000010276-01.jpeg

The fuse taps were easier to install with the whole panel around it removed. I pulled the trim back, lifted the hard plastic foot cover (covering the wires going to the back of the car), removed a plastic screw cover, and popped the whole panel off.

1000010273-01.jpeg

I have a CX-9 made in 2023. I ended up using a 10A Sunroof fuse for the red wire (battery) always on and a 15A R.Outlet1 fuse for the yellow (acc). Ground went to the nut near the fuse.

1000010275-01.jpeg
Now I just need to figure out how to run a cable to to the back near the sunroof.

Back