Misfire After Wash

Speed0530

:
2003 Protege5 Sunburst Yellow
So i have an 03 Mazda P5 with 183k miles. Yesterday I was washing it and it started missing hard. It has a Cold Air intake so I figured maybe I ****** up and got it wet. After about a minute it went away, but now only in gear at about 1,500 rpm it will misfire. When it first happens it set a cylinder 2 misfire code which I cleared and hasnt came back since. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

You got the coils wet or water in the spark plug hole. Remove the coils and spark plug wires (not the spark plugs), takes less than 2 minutes. blow compressed air in the hole and put them back in, should be fine after that. Squeezing a good bit of dielectric grease in the spark plug caps before you put the coils and wires back on can help prevent it from happening again. And don't spray things directly with the pressure washer like ignition coils, air flow sensor, obvious electrical components, etc.

Thanks, thats what I was thinking. I just did the plugs and wires, not the coils, so hey have dielectric grease in them already but apparently it didnt help much.

Back