HELP with paint match, anyone can assist?

:
Mazda 5
Hi guys , bought a used 2009 mazda5 in black ( color code A3F ) needed bumper and quarter panel bondo'd and painted.
using the code above from the door panel , I had to custom order the paint can from ebay and a Dupli-Color BMZ1109 Perfect Match Brillant Black ( website generates paint code PX, not a3f )

The ebay order first showed up more gray, they were nice enough to send me another one after I showed them images of the mismatch. But its still off, ( more towards the gray/brown side )
The duplicolor is closest, but still like a shade to off.

I'm not sure what to do from here. Do I keep blowing money trying to find the right color ? I understand the car is many yrs old and it will never be perfect, but I just burned over 100 bucks on supplies , and I can't even match the colors . Shop quoted me 200 to spray. not sure what to do from here.

Do I keep blowing money trying to find the right color ?
It is up to you, a shade off is not bad from a can on a ten year old car.

I understand the car is many yrs old and it will never be perfect, but I just burned over 100 bucks on supplies , and I can't even match the colors . Shop quoted me 200 to spray. not sure what to do from here.

You already spent half the original price, and gonna spend more in hopes?
Don't spend good money over bad. Pay a pro to do it as you seem to be picky on the color.
Remember that paint oxidizes over time. It is not only the paint but also a clear coat.
A good shop will spay the areas around the paint area with new clear to fool your eye plus they will match the paint with a trained eye to account for the fade.
If you want good results on an old car, you pay more then on a new as color code base matching only works well on new, unfaded cars.

A body shop can fade it so the color difference isn't as visible.

He's right about the 10 year old car, too. Your car most likely isn't the same color black as it was in 2009.

Latest posts

Back