2018 CX 5 bumpers

:
2018 CX 5 TOURING
Hi all,

has anyone found after market bumpers that do a better job than the ones that come on the 17-18 CX 5? I find them pretty worthless as they don't extend out far enough to offer any protection to the the body if actually "bumped"; they seem easily dented as well. (Yes, my garage is a tight fit.) Coming from my '08 Tribute, I miss it's bumpers, that extended out a bit and could take a little hit.

On ebay, I did find a rear bumper guard for the exposed back end below the hatch, that actually overlaps the frame a bit (unlike the Mazda accessory) - https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) - ; I'd post a picture but haven't figured out how; it's similar to the ebay photo, and covers the whole area.

All in all, I've been quite pleased with my CX 5, and enjoy this forum.

Thanks much

Fred

The bumpers on newer vehicles are just for the overall design to be honest, none of them will take much of a hit without damage. The real protection is beneath those bumper covers, the bumper reinforcement bars.

"Bumpers" need a new name. They can't handle the slightest bump, cosmetically. Suggestions?

I did manage to pull out most of a little indent from my back bumper using the bathroom plunger method; suction alone worked fairly well. But I do miss the bumpers I had on my Tribute.

Back