Where to check if your Phone has been tested with Mazda Connect

isketerol

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 GS 2018 AWD
After a lot of head scratching and trying to understand why I have issues with connecting my Android Auto on my phone to my Mazda Connect over Bluetooth, I found that it has not been tested and could be incompatible as the OnePlus 6T is running a later Bluetooth stack with newer Bluetooth hardware. My Google Nexus 5X was tested and compatible.

I have hopes the next firmware will fix this but I intend to also test my phone against the built-in Android Auto in Mazda Connect before buying the upgrade.

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/phone-compatibility?language=en-AU&carrier_id=&manufacturer_id=&phone_id=&model_id=2353&carrier_id=127&manufacturer_id=205&phone_id=5121

Theoretically it should work as all versions of BT should be backward compatible.

Theoretically it should work as all versions of BT should be backward compatible.

It does not work reliably with Android Auto on the OP6 and Mazda connect. I have had to resort to using my Jabra FreeWay as the handsfree speaker.

There are many people complaining about Android Auto on various head units connected via BlueTooth.

Back