Transmission Fluid

2ms0ppk.jpg

Bottle on left is new fluid, middle 4th change and right 5th and final change. I thinking it is 99% correct fluid. Car has 40,000 miles and with the initial change it was fairly dark. It is much lighter now almost like new fluid. I will probably change is every 30-40,000 miles and keep samples to monitor change. A bit anal but I am retired and you know how that goes.

Last edited:
2ms0ppk.jpg

Bottle on left is new fluid, middle 4th change and right 5th and final change. I thinking it is 99% correct fluid. Car has 40,000 miles and with the initial change it was fairly dark. It is much lighter now almost like new fluid. I will probably change is every 30-40,000 miles and keep samples to monitor change. A bit anal but I am retired and you know how that goes.

Ah. Thanks for the info, and agreed that that is looking great now.

I likewise will be changing mine every 30-50k miles (not quite sure which) going forward I think. Perhaps on the next one I will drop the pan and replace the filter as well. I wish I had started earlier like you at around 40-50k miles, but ah well.

Last edited:
I suppose looking at the silver lining on this, you still came out ahead vs what a dealer would likely have charged for 3 drain and fills!

Back