Electric Trunk Release conditions?

furia

:
CX5
So I drove people to airport/train station, put my car in park and pulled the Park brake, the passengers got off, and I pressed the trunk release inside the car... it wouldn't open... I then pressed the trunk release on the key fob... it wouldn't open... the passengers pressed the trunk release on the trunk door... it wouldn't open... I went there with key fob on me and press the trunk release... it wouldn't open..

I had to shut my engine off in order to open the trunk.. why is that?
is there anyway to change the setting of this?

. I had to shut my engine off in order to open the trunk.. why is that?

Because Mazda has defined the operating conditions (see below):

2rm3ybt.jpg

is there anyway to change the setting of this?

No

You can also change door lock settings to unlock doors when selector lever is in P position. Then all you need to open liftgate while engine is ON is to stop and move selector to P position and press button for liftgate opening.

You can also change door lock settings to unlock doors when selector lever is in P position. Then all you need to open liftgate while engine is ON is to stop and move selector to P position and press button for liftgate opening.

How do you change lock settings to unlock doors when lever moved to P?

How do you change lock settings to unlock doors when lever moved to P?
It's under Settings - Vehicle - Door Lock - Auto Door Lock Mode, and I use mode "Lock: When Driving Unlock: In Park" . There are other modes too, it's about personal preference....

Back