What Phones Work with Mazda Android Auto / Apps Issues with Mazda Android Auto

isketerol

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 GS 2018 AWD
This thread is intended to help capture:

1. What phones are known to work with Mazda Android Auto
  2. Any apps that are known to have issues running under Mazda Android Auto

I wanted to start this as there are a substantial number of people reporting issues with using Android Auto over bluetooth especially in terms of sending messages across many phones and vehicles. In this case, the microphone is turned on while Android Auto is saying "change it" which results in the users being prompted to change their message. Subsequently, it listems to itself saying "cancel it" and then cancels the message. This especially occurs in WhatsApp.

Could a Moderator please pin this as well? Thanks in advance.

I wanted to start this as there are a substantial number of people reporting issues with using Android Auto over bluetooth especially in terms of sending messages across many phones and vehicles. In this case, the microphone is turned on while Android Auto is saying "change it" which results in the users being prompted to change their message. Subsequently, it listems to itself saying "cancel it" and then cancels the message. This especially occurs in WhatsApp.

When you say "in this case," you're referring to your own phone, which from what I gather in the other thread is a One Plus 6, correct?

It may also be helpful for others to list not just the phones and apps, but the OS as well.

Today I tried texting responding for the first time which didn't go very smoothly. Text came in and I said I wanted to reply. A male prompt said what's the message. Then it paused and the female voice asked what's the message so I repeated myself. Then it didn't ask me if I wanted to send it. The person in the other end for s message that said "What's the message". Beats the hell out of me. I'm on a Pixel 2 XL on Pie.

Today I tried texting responding for the first time which didn't go very smoothly. Text came in and I said I wanted to reply. A male prompt said what's the message. Then it paused and the female voice asked what's the message so I repeated myself. Then it didn't ask me if I wanted to send it. The person in the other end for s message that said "What's the message". Beats the hell out of me. I'm on a Pixel 2 XL on Pie.

This is the bug that is being described on the Google Forum for Android Auto. I found a fix for this issue:

1. Enable Android Auto Developer Settings Confer: https://9to5google.com/2018/01/12/how-to-enable-android-auto-developer-settings-android-basics/
  2. From the Hamburger menu in the main screen of Android Auto, choose "About"
  3. Choose the drop down from the right of the gear icon
  4. Choose start head unit server"
  5. Use Android Auto as per normal.

Back