White Pearl Paint Query Initiated With Mazda USA Irvine California

Wow! Hand waxed/polished the vehicle five times in nine months, taking four hours each time. Conditioned the leather seats six times. Detailed the engine bay three times. Changed oil four times with full synthetic each time. Rotated tires four times. All in less than a year.

The very definition of anal. I wonder what his bumper really looks like?

I can't help but have a certain sympathy with Mazda here. Whatever the merits or otherwise of the OP's complaint, dealing with the Customer from Hell is always a harrowing experience.

Pics coming when I get the time to do it. I've got a business to run every day, which makes this even more frustrating. I don't have time for this negative energy.

You wrote almost 1000 words in that post. You know what they say about a picture being worth 1000 words.

Make sure that when you go on your personal campaign, you mention this:

"hand wax/polish my brand new vehicle five (5) times in less than nine (9) months"

That's a red flag for me, as I know (and I'm sure that you know as well) that every time you polish, you dig further into the clear coat and the paint. I know that you mentioned a rock chip three days into ownership, but s*** happens. Even if it was dead quiet in the cabin when it happened, I'm not sure you'd be able to hear the impact over the sound of the engine or through whatever sound deadening was used to reduce NVH.

Btw, I've spot polished and applied wax once in the 10 months I've owned mine. That doesn't mean that I treat my vehicle like a piece of trash. Waxing/polishing five times, changing your oil four times, and doing four tire rotations over the course of nine months doesn't make you a better owner than anyone else here.

Furthermore, nobody is covering for Mazda. Nobody is trying to sandbag you either. From the get go, I just wanted to see pics to put everything into perspective. You've got the time to type out these posts, so you can't be so busy that you don't have five minutes to take a couple of photos and upload them.
'

It would be a red flag for a shill who knows nothing about how to take care of a vehicle.

If you understood the inorganic chemistry of automotive paints (or any polymer based paint for that matter) then no explanation would be necessary. I'm not going to sit here and educate you on something I know and understand very well except to say that you are completely incorrect in your opinion and guesswork about how to protect and care for automotive paints.

GO READ the Chemical Data on Meguiar's Final Cut, Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax (22-32B). Automotive clear coats do not suffer any form of chemical or thermal sublimation with silicon based H2O soluble polydimethylsiloxane (PDS) based compounds with a pH between 8.8 - 9.5, extremely low (10K to 20K) viscosity (CPS) at room temperature (which is where I always detail my vehicles under fluorescent lighting) and that have no migrator of plasticizers properties found in the vast majority of compounds, polishes and liquid cleaners on the market today. How could someone with as many posts in a automotive forum expressing him/her self as an "expert" of all things Mazda not already know this fact is well beyond this PhD's ability to comprehend. WIO emulsions are USED by real Chemists to produce compounds ready for automotive use that DO NOT infiltrate the clear layer applied by OEM manufacturers of automobiles. This is done on purpose!

Any appropriate application of such compounds to Mazda's White Pearl Clear, would actually STRENGTHEN its structure by adding amino base 'fillers' into the micro fissures that are undetectable with the naked eye. This is why I use ambient/omni fluorescence followed by dual xenon handheld inspections of the surface before releasing any of my vehicles back into the wild. If Mazda thinks it can make a case out of that, let them try. I will certainly proceed with California State Statute 1790 (Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act) if Mazda does not light a fire under its own rear end.

I am NOT using a Dimethyl on my Signature, which does nothing but turn your clear coat into a UV attractor. Only people who know precious little about what they are doing and WHY they are doing it use a 2SO based sulfide on their vehicle. I'm not one of those Signature Owners. I'm the other Signature Owner. The one who knows precisely how to care for Clear Coat.

BEFORE Meguiar's "regular" Ultimate Liquid Wax treatments are applied throughout the year, I make one (1) initial application of Meguiar's Final Cut to remove the oxidation that exists on ALL vehicles shipped to the dealer from overseas manufacturers. Not a single vehicle EVER ships from overseas absent oxidation and striations. Final Cut handles that brilliantly. Aerolon Show Polish is then used as the base coat clear sealant. That fills in any remaining fissures AFTER Final Cut. This is done immediately after bringing any new vehicle back home into my garage and BEFORE the vehicle has long-term exposure to acid rain. This becomes the substrate upon which Mequiar's ULW can be applied multiple times within the FIRST YEAR of ownership.

This process has locked down Clear Coats on my brand new vehicles for YEARS and set them up as daily show pieces that get nothing but compliments and people scratching their head wondering how the paint looks so "wet" after so many years of driving. I got $4,400 cash for a vehicle I recently sold. What so special about getting back $4,400 cash? The car was 17 years old and had 245,189 miles on it. The interior and exterior were near flawless, the engine/transmission was in great shape and I had just installed a new brake kit and tires before selling it.

Who gets $4K+ back on a $27K+ vehicle after 17+ with 245K+ on it? Have you ever done that? I know how to take care of my vehicles - and I do take good care of them like beloved Puppies. Now, do you have anything else you'd like to correct me on? I got a return of 16% after 17 years. Who does that with a cheap mass produced automobile. Who? That will never happen, if you don't take care of them the right way both inside and out.

I protect my investments and THAT is why I'm so pissed off at Mazda. Stop shilling for them. Its obvious that's what you are doing here.

Last edited:
Wow! Hand waxed/polished the vehicle five times in nine months, taking four hours each time. Conditioned the leather seats six times. Detailed the engine bay three times. Changed oil four times with full synthetic each time. Rotated tires four times. All in less than a year.

The very definition of anal. I wonder what his bumper really looks like?

I can't help but have a certain sympathy with Mazda here. Whatever the merits or otherwise of the OP's complaint, dealing with the Customer from Hell is always a harrowing experience.

Wow and yet another who does not know how to protect his investments. Its a one year process that seals OEM paint and provides a substrate for being able to keep it looking good and protected for eons to come, but you assume it is a permanent process because - well - you Assume. You know what they say about people who Assume everything without knowing anything.

You don't get to simply wash and dry with "wet" results by not building a substrate that provides those results up front. Basic Chemistry 101: Can you define the Redox Reaction? Can you explain how it works on your vehicle's Clear Coat? Can you explain how UV radiation impacts the Redox Reaction within your Clear Coat? Can you explain what a UV inhibitor does relative to your Clear Coat and why blocking mineral based and chemical infiltrators within H2O from acid rain matters to the overall structure of your Clear Coat over time? Of course, you can't. You just want to sound off and be in opposition to something you don't understand - merely because you Assume too much.

The reason your Clear Coat looks so dull is not merely due to the striations within its structure. Those fissures are also being infiltrated every single time you expose your vehicle to outside air and rain. Do you drive your vehicle? Then, if you don't seal the clear properly, you will forever lose the ability to simply Wash & Dry WITHOUT polishing or waxing several years from now because you did nothing to EARN that privileged within the FIRST YEAR of ownership. Good lasting paint is EARNED by what you do within the first 9 months of new vehicle ownership (12 months if you got caught buying during the rainy season).

Last edited:
Dude, I was with you. But honestly, if your communications with Mazda are like this, I am surprised they offered you anything.

I know you don't have to prove anything to anyone here but you have to admit when you rant like this without evidents, internet police is bound to show up and accuse you of trolling.

Anyways, I do wholeheartedly agree the paint is weak as I've got a few chips here and there already. But I don't think it's failing to the level that you are experiencing. I am curious to see some pictures of the damages. Good luck with your endeavors with corporate.

Dude, I was with you. But honestly, if your communications with Mazda are like this, I am surprised they offered you anything.

Once again, in his last two posts he spent the time to write over 1000 words. But still no pics.

And now you're resorting to petty insults. Lol. By the way, your interpretation of my position on this situation (as a Mazda "shill") is an assumption. Remember what you just wrote about assumptions.

You definitely know more than I do about taking care of paint. Either that, or you know how to rewrite what your read on the internet to make it seem like you do. Maybe you are some paint guru who did everything right, maybe you're not. Maybe you did sell an old vehicle for a little more than market value due to it's interior and exterior condition, or maybe you just pulled a bunch of numbers out of thin air.

Here's the problem: there's no proof. No evidence of the issue at hand. I mean, I could take your word for it (and initially, I did), but when you exaggerate the hell out of everything (comparing paint chips to a war-torn tank, a one year process that protects paint for "eons"), your word doesn't mean anything to me.

Now, if you would be so kind, please post a pic or two. Until then, I'll hold onto my doubts about your claims.

You wrote almost 1000 words in that post. You know what they say about a picture being worth 1000 words.

With or without pictures. I doesn't alter or change the facts. Pictures do nothing but appease people who believe what they want to believe anyway. So, pictures mean nothing on this forum. Mazda, however, has pictures because it took those pictures and it knows full well that it has a problem with its White Pearl paint. The fact that others are reporting problems with their White Pearl paint, Soul Red and some of its Black paints is testament to the fact that it (Mazda) has an OEM paint problem on its hands. It is beginning to look like Mazda went out on the cheap by not investing the time, energy, effort into producing paint formulations that are Durable enough for the purpose they were intended to fulfill.

To appease those who simply cannot 'believe' what's so obvious from the reports of other Mazda CX-9 owners having similar issues with their failing paint, here is the first round of pics taken by an iPhone 5. These pics were taken a long time ago and represent impacts drilled all the way to Primer and Sheet Metal. These are not primarily from the Front Bumper. I will take those pictures when I get a chance later today, if not tomorrow in the morning. As you can see in this pics there is no orange peel in my paint. There are no factory shipping striations visible to the naked eye anywhere in my paint. You will note that the Clear Coat Layer is highly protected in my paint and shows a high degree is glossy wet reveal. This is NOT normal looking CX-9 factory White Pearl paint. This is almost 'show ready' White Pearl reveal, though it may be difficult to convey that through an iPhone lens to say the least:

wLPdaqhE5YOZZt524n6FjFmEBHLqH3.png

DD8LNCrGBF5pUhbGfLlEncG232Gz3P.png

kP5BzS5e48U2fnSp0VHO3tHcaK7bnj.png

dQwq92YMoADKGESQB1DBOA7EnfVaH7.png

pQRUbXBCR5jbMkgkXqjb4GULBDHAhk.png

JqfxeQKqapgidHBOI8Ci4knuFNBc7R.png

xFQsVjkLNuN23kfZ3LNCq8V9Uo7khi.png

iZsFEhcca5he9ijBIODafvVe0X1YB7.png

That's just the tip of the iceberg as those were impact results from the Hood and Left/Right Quarter Panels going all the way back to the substrate. These are not mere "Rock Chips." You can clearly see the Cratering Effect, the Amalgam Effect taking place in the Clear Coat, the depth of the penetration going well beyond the Clear Coat Layer and you can witness the Shredding and Flaking Effect taking place on the edges of the impacted area. This is NOT how decent automotive paint behaves. This is NOT characteristic behavior of decent automotive application of paint. This paint is simply TOO SOFT. Exactly as I said it was BEFORE I posted the pics.

With or without pictures. I doesn't alter or change the facts. Pictures do nothing but appease people who believe what they want to believe anyway. So, pictures mean nothing on this forum.

Finally! Those pictures speak way more than the long narratives. Thanks!

I'm supposed to like it? I'm supposed to be happy with being lied to for a month? I'm supposed to be calm, cool and collected after being told Mazda was going to "take care of this" and "stand behind our product" on the phone for almost four (4) full weeks? I'm supposed to be the guy who communicates politely after being called on the phone nearly 4 weeks later and told yet another lie, that somehow, a repair facility that would typically beg for New Car Dealership business suddenly decided to "refuse the work" on repainting a front bumper after being asked by a new vehicle Mazda dealership? And, I'm supposed to keep it all composed after getting another phone call 24hrs later telling me that all of a sudden Mazda now wants me to pay 50% of the cost to fix their problem?

Are you serious? How would you feel and respond if all that BS just happened to you after you just spent $45,000 on a CX-9 Signature while also spending over a year of your time doing research on a car company you've never dealt with before telling you all the while how much they care about putting Quality Craftsmanship into "every Mazda we make" and how sincere they are about "standing behind every Mazda we manufacture." Where do you think I got those quotes from, "dude?" Do ya think I made those quotes up from thin air, "dude?" Those quotes came directly from Mazda USA and Mazda Japan.

Did you get the "Welcome to the Mazda Family" letter and compact? Did you buy the "flagship?" Did you come into the deal expecting that Mazda would at least be honest enough to admit it had a problem with its paints (that's plural not singular)?

I hope it never happens to you, but if your @%#@% falls apart like this and starts Flaking, Cratering and Amalgamating like its been hit by a meteorite from space moving at hypersonic speeds - may GAWD help you because Mazda sure won't! And, I hope that nobody tells you that your communications are all wrong because you are sincerely pissed about your investment going down the Turbo Shaft of your iSkyActive disaster.

This PAINT is not ready for prime time and the evidence clearly shows at least that much. Being lied to by Mazda about "taking care of this" is NOT what I expected from a company that allegedly prides itself on being honest with its Customers.

How the hell am I supposed to feel about this with every Tom, Dick and Harry on this forum questioning the obvious as if I've made this @%$@% up from whole cloth. I'm pissed. This is what being pissed looks and sounds like. I am HYPER pissed at this point!!! I've got a brand new CX-9 Signature that is LOSING value every single week it takes on a brand new Crater from normal Schedule One Driving. I don't off-road this vehicle. I don't race this vehicle. I don't tailgate. I don't draft like I'm at the Daytona 500. I don't pass like I'm driving an Indy Car. Hell, I've only driven the car in the rain TWICE! I'm pissed. Pissed! Pissed! Pissed! And, I have a right to be pissed given the way Mazda has completely mismanaged this problem and made it worse by LYING to me about its true intent.

Surprised that Mazda offered anything? Be more surprised if Mazda does not get sued in court for not taking care of this appropriately. All "products" sold in my State must be "fit for the purpose for which they were intended." Period. My claim is that this paint is not fit for the purpose of automotive applications. Period. Mazda needs to address this case on that basis or suffer the consequences in court for not doing so.

Mazda created this problem. I did not create this problem. So, hammer Mazda for its "communications" problems when it "communicated" directly to me over the course of nearly four (4) full weeks and on multiple phone conversations that it was "going to take care of this" on their customer's behalf. This is no small matter. The paint is too soft and it is giving way far too easily.

Last edited:
Mazda USA Not To Be Trusted | Does Not Stand 100% Behind Its Product

Mazda Produces Paint That Flakes, Amalgamates and Craters with Normal Driving. While "Driving Matters" at Mazda, Apparently "Quality" Does Not Matter at Mazda.

This is a fact in my case and as most of you know, I have addressed this matter with Mazda USA in Irvine, California, to no avail. Mazda, now refuses to full stand behind its failure and pay for repairs that it caused to my vehicle by applying paint that is too soft and not ready for automotive applications. The evidence of that fact can be found here in this thread: This thread is to discuss and keep the forum up to date on Mazda's final decision to make me whole as its customer.

To keep the forum updated on my actions going forward, I just got off the phone with Mazda USA and one of the "supervisors" by the name of, Jesse. Jesse, called called me back yesterday and I returned his call today. I asked Jesse, if Mazda, was going to repaint the front fascia/bumper. His response was (verbatim): "Oh, sure." He then went on to rehash what I had already been through over the course of the last month with his subordinate Maurice, out of the Mazda USA office in Irvine, California. He ends his rehashing of events by saying, "the dealership determined the damage to be external." They don't come out and say, we don't have a paint problem. The couch their terms in contractual language that they can manipulate and interpret just about anyway they want to avoid taking ownership of their problem.

I gave Jesse, my reason for concluding that the paint was too soft. Jesse's response? "Oh, sure." I expressly stated to Jesse, that I wanted Mazda to cover the full cost of repairing the front fascia/bumper. Jesse's response: "Based on the dealership determination that the damage was caused externally, I don't have anything to take to corporate to extend the warranty to cover full cost." I told Jesse, that I would be handling the matter in a different way from this point on and quickly ended the call myself.

This is not a responsible Automobile Manufacturer. Mazda, in this regard is no different than any other car maker who takes their customers for granted AFTER you have spent your hard earned money on trusting their product and that they will stand behind it when/if the time comes. If this is not a prime example of why Mazda is never to be trusted with your hard earned money, then I don't know what qualifies. They would rather hide behind "policy" and lose a customer who purchased (allegedly) the best they could manufacture, rather than accept the evidence for what it is as causation behind failing paint and then fix the problem as best they can. Jesse's rationale was that because Mazda has not had a flood of complaints about White Pearl paint, then there is no problem with MY vehicle's paint. That's a Blind Eye one size fits all approach that should make it abundantly clear to any fair minded person that Mazda is all about the numbers and NOT individual Customer Satisfaction. I believe I've proven that case beyond any doubt at this point - given the evidence of my claim.

Jesse, used a biased Mazda Dealers (no less) as the sole source for deciding whether or not my paint was in fact failing or not. That in an of itself tells you that Mazda USA does not consider its customers as valuable other than for the purpose of making it money through revenues from new vehicle sales.

I will now approach this from a California State Statute standpoint and address the legal issues in a court of law where this belong. Until then, I will continue to make my appearances at the same Auto Shows I always attend looking for my next purchase which will never again be a Mazda, and making absolutely certain to physically post myself in position to speak with as many potential Mazda customers at those shows as I can, letting them know the truth about what to expect from Mazda once they become a full fledged customer.

I made a huge mistake in buying and trusting Mazda. A company that can look evidence of a serious problem in its face and lie about its source and origin, is not the kind of company that any self respecting buyer would or should ever trust. Mazda is certainly not a company that I, or anyone in my family will ever trust again. You can give your money to Mazda and they can deliver a vehicle that is defective due to their own negligence and Mazda, will behave with nonchalant devil may car attitude and disposition while lying to you about what they are doing and why they are doing it. All the while, they refuse to full (100%) stand behind their own product and consider it your duty and responsibility to pay for their lack of quality product execution. That is the height of hubris and wanton arrogance on the part of Mazda.

After listening to Jesse, out of Mazda USA, Irvine, California, tell me that he refuses to do anything about fixing my 2018 CX-9 Signature paint problems unless or until Mazda gets a flood of complaints from others, I'm inclined to pound a lot more than just sand over this issue. Again, we spend entirely too much money to be sold crap that is not ready for prime time and Mazda has the duty and responsibility to make certain that it is releasing into the wild only that which is ready to be released for the purpose it was designed to fulfill. Selling brand new vehicles with paint that easily Chips, Craters, Flakes and Amalgamates upon being subjected to the same road conditions that any other vehicle would ordinarily be subjected to (absent extreme road conditions) is not merely unacceptable, but actionable in a court of law. In the state where I live, the product has to "perform" according to the "purpose" for which it is intended or that which is reasonable expected to be the purpose from the frame of reference of the seller and buyer.

What I don't like is Mazda's nonchalant attitude. There attitude on the phone is devil may care, I'm just trying to get through my 9-5 job, so I bothered to return your call today. They could care less that you just spent $45,000 on sugar for a windshield, cream for paint and a musical instrument that produces a popping sound when you change gears for brakes.

Having said that, those with this obvious problem need to organize a final Class Action Lawsuit to deal with this mess.

I was expecting your front fascia to be freckled with chips from your posts. But that is still kinda bad. I do believe you take great care of your car as there is not one swirl mark to be found

Change of heart.

I don't have time for this. I've got a business to run from my home office and this is just too much negative energy flowing through my body right now. I'm going to count this one as a lesson to be learned. I saw the posts about chipping paint before I bought my White Pearl 2018 CX-9 Signature and I bought it anyway. Let that be a lesson to me. I did the homework, I read the posts and I ignored them. I wanted the CX-9 Signature. I saw that Mazda was not doing anything to solve their paint problems. I saw the Soul Red buyers going through some of the same things.

Find, I'm going to take the time to search out Review Sites and give the CX-9 Signature the rating it truly deserves. I'm also going to give Mazda the company the rating it truly deserves. When asked whether or not I would buy Mazda again, I'm going to say not just no but 'Hell No' and then back up my words with pictorial evidence on my cell phone. When asked whether or not I think Mazda stands behind its products, my reply will be: Do Pigs Fly? Of course, not. Mazda, refused to stand behind the product it sold me. So, why would Mazda suddenly change its mind and start caring about you as its new customer? As I said, I'll continue to attend International Car Shows and show up at Mazda Displays offering my Signature ownership experience to as many prospective new Mazda customers as I can. Unlike the nonchalant Jesse, on the phone today who could give a rats azz about my Mazda problems, I'm going to be very concerned about other people and their general welfare when I unfold my Mazda experience into their ears with pictorial backup from my phone.

I've decided to keep the CX-9 Signature and accent portions of the vehicle in Carbon Fiber Wrap. That will trigger two very important things. One: People will ask questions about why I did it. Two: That will give me ample opportunity to tell as many people as I can exactly WHY I was forced to wrap my vehicle to cover the front fascia and the hood. I will own and drive this vehicle to maturity and then sell it on the open market for whatever I can get for it. I will then NEVER look back or darken the doorway of Mazda Unethical again.

Driving Matters. Integrity and Honesty Matters Much More. Because Mazda has no integrity nor is honest (it flat out lied to me for nearly 4 weeks), it cannot ever be trusted again with my hard earned capital. Like I said, I work for myself. Nobody writes my paycheck at the end of the month - I write my own paychecks. Integrity, honesty and truthfulness are the cornerstones of how I do business and what I expect from those I do business with. Mazda, has proven itself to be untrustworthy and unworthy of my future business at any level and under any circumstances.

Goodby Mazda CX-9 Signature. Hello Volvo XC-90, or BMW X5, or Alpha Romeo Stelvio. More than like Volvo XC-90. All indications are that it is a solid built SUV with a long standing and legendary history of safety and reliability. And, of course, there may not be another car manufacturer like Volvo when it comes to genuine seeking Customer Satisfaction after the sale with an ASCI score of 85 on a scale of 0-100. That's the highest in the United States circa 2018. It now exceeds or ties Subaru, which says just about everything regarding the turn-around and re-birth of Volvo over recent years.

I was going to be back in the market again in early 2019, and my decision to buy another CX-9 Signature in Black (to join my Wife's White Pearl) was nailed down shut. That Mazda buying decision has not been completely reversed to a campaign of exposing Mazda's true face as being just another mass producer of that which they refuse to stand behind 100%. I'll go ahead and spend the extra $30k+ and never look back. I bought the CX-9 Signature because at $45k, I thought I was getting value and a car company that cared about its Customers. I was wrong. Since I now know that Mazda could care less about me as a Customer, I'll gladly spend the extra $30k+ and get a better quality 'true mid-size' SUV from a company that I know full well lives, eats and breathes Customer Satisfaction. In fact, it is my understanding that Volvo actually researches Customer Satisfaction all the time, looking for ways to improve itself as a company overall.

Sometimes, trying to buy quality at a cheaper price is just not worth the hassle and headache. My buying and ownership experience with Mazda, is a great example of that truism. I'll give BMW and Alpha Romeo and genuine look. But, I think Volvo is where I belong. Their philosophy of quality and safety first, fits my personality and expectations. I was hoping that our first SUV experience would be a good one both with the vehicle and the company making it. Our brakes pop when going from reverse to drive and drive to reverse. Our windshield is melting away as if its being sand blasted on a daily basis - again, too soft and a recurring theme. The outside air vent ducting from inside the engine bay is bizarre and allows far too much heat inside the cabin when running air vent fans and aircon "off." We were told that all of these things were "normal" by Mazda. The paint flaking, cratering and amalgamation problems were even things we were willing to overlook. However, it was devil may care attitude from Mazda USA Employees Maurice and Jesse, that ended up being the final straw for us. Our camel can go no further with this company.

We look forward to making the transition far away from Mazda in the next few months to our next SUV adventure. Premium Optioned the way I want it (Top Grade Inscription in Blue and Brown Leather Interior w/Wood Trim and 21" Wheels), she comes in around the $74k mark. About $29k more than what I paid for the CX-9 Signature and no doubt with far less headache from a company that makes its living on being trustworthy, Volvo. If dealt right, I should pick it up for between $71k to $72k not including tax, lic and fees.

a0GPuuxj92YkPJyHfrPXMDfuYJ9hgu.png

Gotta luv it and I do. Thought I was saving money with the CX- and ended up buying a headache from an unethical company, Mazda. Not making that error twice.

In your shoes, I'd be tempted at this point just to trade the damn thing in on the Volvo, and take the financial hit.
Maybe I'm nuts, but there is no way that I can drive a car that I hate.
Nothing worse than going outside and stepping into a vehicle that you absolutely detest.

I was expecting your front fascia to be freckled with chips from your posts. But that is still kinda bad. I do believe you take great care of your car as there is not one swirl mark to be found

Front Fasci pics coming, just for the heck of it. I've put this to bed in my soul, however. I no longer care to maintain any relationship at all with Mazda. I'm going to be in the vehicle buying mode for the next 20 years - rapid fire buying. This was a good test for Mazda and they blew it entirely with their attitude. I was thinking of the X5 as a little sports car to putt around in - no more. Was thinking of the Mazda 6, for other reasons - no more. There was certainly another CX-9 in Black already planned for Jan 2019 - no more. All those sales are gone now. They will never happen. We are at that point where we had planned to start thinking about becoming a "brand family." Mazda, really selected the wrong time to be nonchalant about the trouble the caused us.

Volvo, now has a wider line up. Two XC-90's as daily drivers right off the bat is very much in play now. The S90 Inscription is all the family "car" we'll ever need. As far as a "little" sport car is concerned, like I said, going cheap has proven to be more costly in the long run - Mazda's failure to support me as a Customer has proven that beyond any shadow of a doubt. So, spending more money and going with one of the the Porsche 718 Cayman models might not be balls to the walls 911 GT1 RS, but it also won't cost $211k just to carve up some canyons or the track on the weekend just for kicks. Just finally shedding Mazda's unethical philosophy will be worth the buy up cost going somewhere else, IMO.

In your shoes, I'd be tempted at this point just to trade the damn thing in on the Volvo, and take the financial hit.

We have not yet had much time to digest what just happened today. However, I'm sure that tonight's conversation at the dinner table will be very lively because of this "decision" by Mazda this afternoon. So, that idea is probably not yet off the table - we'll have to look at the "hit" we'd actually be taking. A function of Trade-In Value vs Sale Price. If the number work - we could be in that Volvo XC-90 this weekend. By the same token, we need two daily drivers now - so keeping the CX-9 as the beater and crowning the XC-90 as king would keep our total cost for two SUVs down - though the memory of what Mazda has done would still be there for a while. Maybe after I wrap the CX-9 in carbon fiber black, that will reduce the mental negativity now looming large. It will never be near enough to send us back to Mazda under any circumstance, however. We'll talk about it this week and decide something by this weekend. There are incentives out there to be had on new XC-90s, as the 2019's are already here.

Maybe I'm nuts, but there is no way that I can drive a car that I hate.
Nothing worse than going outside and stepping into a vehicle that you absolutely detest.

Love the CX-9 Signature and never hated it. We detest and really dislike the Corporation allegedly "standing behind" it - because push come to shove they don't stand behind it and anyone in my shoes today would feel the same sting of Mazda's devil may car attitude on the phone today. Really, sick after spending $4k with them on what was supposed to be their Top Model. We took a chance on Mazda for our first SUV. We've never owned a Mazda before. This was uncharted territory right from the beginning for us.

I don't like being slapped in the face after spending my hard earned money. It makes me want to torch something to the ground - but I'm not a criminal nor am I Lex Luthor. So, I'll have to eat this one because we need to move on. However, in the wake of all this, Mazda will receive the review they deserve from us anything we are asked anything about our CX-9. We will tell the truth and that will be the most powerful testimony of all. People can then make their own decisions about whether or not they wish to trust that kind of company with their hard earned money.

After much research, I just bought a new H&K USP 9 FS. Runs like a small battle tank - never quits and always does what the manufacturer promised it would do without fail. That was no accident. I spent a lot of time researching many different platforms for my needs and it came down to H&K. The USP has a 25 years track record of success operating in many different law enforcement and military environments around the world. It is renown for being reliable, trustworthy and mechanically sound and the company that manufacturers it stands behind its promise and has been doing so for many years around the world. I thought Mazda was that kind of automobile manufacturer. I was wrong. They are not even close to H&K ethics. H&K makes it clear that their adherence to quality, customer satisfaction, law and ethics are the things that drive their company and make it a success. They then back it up by producing products that work. Mazda, can learn a lot from H&K.

When I'm on the phone with H&K, I'm treated like a valued customer. Anyone who has ever talked with H&K knows exactly what I'm talking about. With the potential for life and death hinging on Performance, the decision you make in how you spend your money and who you trust becomes critically important. Mazda, does not respect this principle. It could care less about you, or your vehicle after the sale is completed and they've banked your cash as revenue.

I simply tell it like it is. Love is given. Respect is earned. I love the CX-9. I have no more respect for Mazda Corporate.

I respect and agree with everything you have written. Very nice job in putting it all in writing.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what a H&K USP 9 FS is. Could be a toaster for all I know.
Regardless of what it is, it doesn't lessen the impact of good Customer Service and dedication to Customer Satisfaction.
I've been in the service business my whole life, and have seen both sides of the business. Bad Customers and bad Companies.
I don't suffer poor service gladly, and over the years I have self boycotted many Companies due to poor after sales service.
As an example, one such Company is Honda. I refuse to ever do business with them.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences on this forum, and for your patience with some of the members on here.
I appreciate your forthrightness.
Good luck.

Back