IOS 12 messages grayed out

Grotto

After installing IOS 12 I cannot longer receive messages through the car. Anyone knows if this will be address?

Last edited:
After installing IOS 12 I cannot longer receive messages through the car. Anyone knows if this will be address?

Im sure it will. Might take some time. You cant have a feature on a car that doesnt work when they are trying to sell it.

Ios 12 comes out Monday besides if you want to upgrade early through the GM. It might take a couple of weeks for them to hear complaints. You should email Mazda as well.

It is almost certainly an ios problem. There are always issues with new releases that Apple addresses in the weeks following. You can try resetting preferences and checking settings - sometimes the OS update alters them and that causes issues.

It is almost certainly an ios problem. There are always issues with new releases that Apple addresses in the weeks following. You can try resetting preferences and checking settings - sometimes the OS update alters them and that causes issues.

Yeah, this is a Apple problem, not a Mazda problem. It may take a few months for them to address it.

Yeah, this is a Apple problem, not a Mazda problem. It may take a few months for them to address it.

I think, historically, the issues affect multiple car brands and it's usually by the first or second bug patch they correct it. Past fixes have also involved deleting bluetooth pairings and re-pairing, or also resetting network preferences.

I assume you've gone into settings Bluetooth MAZDA and turned Show Notifications ON. When I updated to IOS 12 for some reason that setting got turned off.

I assume you've gone into settings Bluetooth MAZDA and turned Show Notifications ON. When I updated to IOS 12 for some reason that setting got turned off.

There you go

After major upgrades I've gotten in the habit of deleting pairings and resetting them to ward off weird glitches that often arise

This.

I updated my cell to 12 yesterday. After reading this I checked the settings on my cell and sure enough, the Show Notifications was turned off.

Back