Mazda6 2013 wing mirror issue - motor always on

viennahorn

:
Mazda 6 2.2 TDI SkyActiv
Hi all, I hope someone can help. I've got an issue, which I think is a known problem. The passenger side wing mirror no longer folds in. I don't really know what they're meant to do but previously, when we stopped the car, you could hear the motor turn on and then stop about ten secs later. Now, I think the motor is on virtually all the time that the ignition is on and it's driving me mad.

Now I know there are posts where people are talking about the gear inside the mirror and I know you can replace this but most places are saying it's a big job because you have to take out the inside of the door.

So my questions are:
  1. Has anyone had this issue and done the full repair to the gear wheel? Is it do-able? A lot of people seem to just give up on it from what I can see.
  2. Can you remove the mirror glass without breaking it? I've seen a few people saying this is hard, but surely it's possible? Does anyone have a guide on this?
  3. As a last resort, can you just pull the fuse and if you do, does it kill anything else?

Thank you in advance. I'm not with the car just now but next time I am, I will just try pulling the fuse anyway - the noise is driving me mad!

Thanks, Ken

Ok, so I pulled fuse 10 from the passenger side fuse box: power control mirror. It's a 7.5a fuse. After a few seconds the motor in the wing mirror stops but I think I'm now more confused. If you do the 'mirror fold' option on the mirror control switch, the driver's side still works and the motor in the passenger side still comes on for a short period. At the moment the only difference I can see is that the motor is not on permanently.

Does anyone know what's going on here? I've seen some posts on a cx3 forum which suggests a similar problem but I don't see anyone that's got to the bottom of it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks ken

Back