What did you pay for your CX-9?

Thank you azuzu, crikey. I believe you're correct. $2000 for me. My 2018 CX-9 just reached 180K. Very tempting to change but I'll wait for few days/week to decide on 2019 or 2020. Likely 2019 though.

My jaw dropped when I saw this, lol. Then I realized it was a typo :)

Hi Everyone, new owner as of yesterday.

Hopefully we did okay and I am calculating this correctly. It seems that everyone uses the MSRP+Destination to compare?

2019 FWD GT in Machine Gray Metallic
$38,780 sale price
+$1362.00 accessories (Illuminated Doorsill Trim Plates, All-Weather Floor Mats, All-Weather Cargo Tray, wheel locks)
+$1204 dealer fees
-$2750 cash
-$750 mazda owner cash
=$37,846 purchase price
I think this is 12.5% off MSRP ($43,185) if you include Destination Fee?

And just FYI $2511 in Florida taxes.

Last edited:
The cash incentives were quite a bit higher than a few months back, so awesome for you.
I couldn't believe I got the deal.
I paid 29K for 2019 Mazda6 GT in August.
At first, they threw me 43K+ saying it's costco deal (we're Costco member).
I checked their price before talking to them, showed them so they went down to 40,060.
I countered 39K and they accepted.

Just picked up '19 CX 9 touring base for 30,048. $32,700 OTD with taxes and title. Had to drive about 5 hours roundtrip to get that price. But i think it was definitely worth it

Just picked up a 2019 Grand Touring FWD in Snowflake White Pearl for $35,000. I really just went for a test drive, but the price was a lot better than I expected. MSRP is $42,085, so over $7,000 off (freak) ($4,335 dealer / Costco discount and $2,750 Mazda discount). I used the Costco Auto program to get the dealer discount, so I didn't even have to negotiate to get that price. I highly recommend trying it if you're a Costco member. Tax, tag, and title were $3,324, so total out the door including that was $38,324.

I believe the Signature would have been $39k and change through the Costco Auto program, but I couldn't justify $4k extra when I don't need AWD and actually slightly preferred the look of the Sand leather to the Auburn. I wish I had the wood though. It looks like the 2020 Signature will actually offer a new Parchment leather color that looks like the Sand leather from 2019. I would love that model, but I needed a car soon and it would probably be a long time before I could get a really good deal on a 2020.

Last edited:
I believe the Signature would have been $39k and change through the Costco Auto program, but I couldn't justify $4k extra when I don't need AWD and actually slightly preferred the look of the Sand leather to the Auburn. I wish I had the wood though. It looks like the 2020 Signature will actually offer a new Parchment leather color that looks like the Sand leather from 2019. I would love that model, but I needed a car soon and it would probably be a long time before I could get a really good deal on a 2020.

Congrats on the new car! $35k sounds like a great price.

Keep in mind that the 2020 Signature trim has mandatory captain's chairs, and that the 3rd row can only be accessed by moving the powered seats forward. I don't know if that makes any difference to you, but for me, that would have been a dealbreaker.

Just picked up a 2019 Grand Touring FWD in Snowflake White Pearl for $35,000. I really just went for a test drive, but the price was a lot better than I expected. MSRP is $42,085, so over $7,000 off (freak) ($4,335 dealer / Costco discount and $2,750 Mazda discount). I used the Costco Auto program to get the dealer discount, so I didn't even have to negotiate to get that price. I highly recommend trying it if you're a Costco member. Tax, tag, and title were $3,324, so total out the door including that was $38,324.

Congrats on new car!
The dealer I bought from quoted me 43K+ saying it's costco program. They showed me paper which is showing costco incentive was just $500.
I didn't check with costco so I wasn't sure what their incentive would be.
I went with dealer discount and offered down to 39K for '19 SIG

Congrats on new car!
The dealer I bought from quoted me 43K+ saying it's costco program. They showed me paper which is showing costco incentive was just $500.
I didn't check with costco so I wasn't sure what their incentive would be.
I went with dealer discount and offered down to 39K for '19 SIG

Some dealerships say they will give you the Costco discount, but they arent really part of the Costco Auto program. If the dealership is part of the Costco Auto program, they will have a Costco rep working there that handles all sales through the program. You need to go to the Costco Auto website and select the type of car you want to be connected to a participating dealership. Cant just show up to a random dealership with your Costco card. I suspect the dealership you went to isnt an official participant, but if they are, maybe the Costco discount just varies a lot by region or even by dealership.

Last edited:
Wish we had this Costco program in Canada. Any Canadians scored any CX-9 deals as of late? I'm on the hunt now here in BC.

Picked up 2019 Gray Sport FWD with IActive Sense package for 28500 + Doc Fee + TTL.

The trade-in was 2016 CX-5 touring with 35000 miles for 13k.

Wish we had this Costco program in Canada. Any Canadians scored any CX-9 deals as of late? I'm on the hunt now here in BC.

Are you looking for a 2019? Am sure there will be lots of discounts now that the 2020s are starting to arrive at dealerships in Cda. Do not forget as well when you do your shopping to use carcostcanada.ca as you can negotiate based from the dealer invoice pricing and all other discounts/promos and special finance/lease rates are provided when you sign up for carcost. I think the first 2 searches are free...I used carcost when I shopped for my CX-3 back in the spring and ended up saving $2500 off MSRP!

Are you looking for a 2019? Am sure there will be lots of discounts now that the 2020s are starting to arrive at dealerships in Cda. Do not forget as well when you do your shopping to use carcostcanada.ca as you can negotiate based from the dealer invoice pricing and all other discounts/promos and special finance/lease rates are provided when you sign up for carcost. I think the first 2 searches are free...I used carcost when I shopped for my CX-3 back in the spring and ended up saving $2500 off MSRP!

Looking at 2019 - GT models. Preferably built after July 2019. More and more discounts coming online I see from Mazda (factory) - Definitely going to use carcostcanada.ca for the breakdown. Just trying to wait as long as I can before #1 comes along (March due date) and I don't need to worry about winter tires over Dec/Jan/Feb (if possible).

Also trying to document all the discounts right now to track and compare them month to month.

How did you negotiate from the dealer invoice price? Basically invoice price + 2%? or less? Curious, thanks!

Looking at 2019 - GT models. Preferably built after July 2019. More and more discounts coming online I see from Mazda (factory) - Definitely going to use carcostcanada.ca for the breakdown. Just trying to wait as long as I can before #1 comes along (March due date) and I don't need to worry about winter tires over Dec/Jan/Feb (if possible).

Also trying to document all the discounts right now to track and compare them month to month.

How did you negotiate from the dealer invoice price? Basically invoice price + 2%? or less? Curious, thanks!

is there a reason you are looking for post July 2019 built?

Back