Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Second Gen (2017 and up) CX-5 AA/ACP Installation Videos

Registered Member

CX-5 GT AWD with PP

Thank you very much for these. My local dealer had the parts $211 and I used your vids for the install. Everything worked great!

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

I've gone to two Mazda dealerships to test drive a CX-5 (one new and one used) and both salesmen tell me that AA and ACP are not yet available. And reading this thread I still don't get it. Someone said when the dealer starts offering it, other said they bought the parts at the dealership. Can someone please explain? I'd like to try to have them install it as part of the purchasing deal if they don't want to budge on sale price, but maybe that's what they want to avoid and that's why the tell me that they dont have it, once I buy, they'll say heeeeey do you want AA and ACP for $500 additional?

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Leolo007 View Post
    I've gone to two Mazda dealerships to test drive a CX-5 (one new and one used) and both salesmen tell me that AA and ACP are not yet available. And reading this thread I still don't get it. Someone said when the dealer starts offering it, other said they bought the parts at the dealership. Can someone please explain? I'd like to try to have them install it as part of the purchasing deal if they don't want to budge on sale price, but maybe that's what they want to avoid and that's why the tell me that they dont have it, once I buy, they'll say heeeeey do you want AA and ACP for $500 additional?
    Mazda has officially only released it for Mazda 6 and parts are reserved for that, So the dealer is correct. No one knows when that will change.

Registered Member paging_drburgos's Avatar

2017 Mazda CX5 GT - Premium

Seems a little timely but anyone with patience and a $10 toolkit can do this. Excellent videos!

The price for the kit itself seems way overpriced, and it stinks because I'll be doing mine and my fiance's Mz3.
    Last edited by paging_drburgos; 10-01-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Registered Member

CX-5 2.2d Sport Nav +

Hello all 1st time poster and thanks for the videos, they are very informative and given me a decision to make. I am due to collect my new Mazda CX-5 from the dealership on Tuesday and as part of the purchase I negotiated a free ACP upgrade that is currently being offered at 349 GBP, however having seen the amount of trim that needs to be removed and replaced I'm not sure if I want this to be installed. I also have some reservations as this will probably be the 1st installation they have performed and I'd rather them use another vehicle to get their training. I'll give it some thought tomorrow I guess before my PDI and collection on Tuesday.

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT; 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF/GT/LE

Quote Originally Posted by NEP68 View Post
    Hello all 1st time poster and thanks for the videos, they are very informative and given me a decision to make. I am due to collect my new Mazda CX-5 from the dealership on Tuesday and as part of the purchase I negotiated a free ACP upgrade that is currently being offered at 349 GBP, however having seen the amount of trim that needs to be removed and replaced I'm not sure if I want this to be installed. I also have some reservations as this will probably be the 1st installation they have performed and I'd rather them use another vehicle to get their training. I'll give it some thought tomorrow I guess before my PDI and collection on Tuesday.
    It's likely that techs have already disassembled a Gen 2 CX-5 for other repairs.
    As most parts "snap out" and "snap in", there's little chance of damage or the introduction of rattles.

Many of us who are not professional mechanics have performed the same installation without issue.
    If it was my vehicle, I'd take advantage of the installation you're already negotiated.
    Inbound: 2019 Soul Red Crystal Metallic CX-5 Signature
    2017 Soul Red Crystal Metallic CX-5 GT/Premium

2017 Machine Gray Metallic MX-5-RF GT/MT, Launch Edition
    24 Mazdas since 1974

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Mazda provides very clear diagrams on how to remove parts without damage. Your worry is misplaced. Hundreds to Thousands of people with no trsining have installed this in the last month.

I would be more worried about the kids moving cars on the lot and doing oil changes and tire rotations. They are the ones that usually have little knowledge of anything.

Agree. They know what they're doing...

Registered Member

CX-5 AWD, 2017

Very cleverly put! Wait till they have had a practice in a few more vehicles before you get them to do in yours. I was thinking along the same lines. Just received a mail form Mazda, Sweden. They are offering it with installation for 4000 Swedish crowns or 400Euros approx. I'll wait for few more reviews by folks before I plunge in to it.

Perhaps, I should just prepare first by getting the firmaware upgraded to 70.00, BUT how do I do that is the question. The car had a one year service recently but they did not upgrade the firmaware. Any tips on how to do it by yourself without getting in to trouble? Or is that a dealer only thing?
    Last edited by raj55; 10-09-2018 at 12:49 AM.

Registered Member

CX-5 2.2d Sport Nav +

Well I bit the bullet and let them go ahead and install APC prior to collection and they've done a great job. Mine was only the 2nd install that they had done and the sales person advised that the 1st was a bit of a pain for them and they had to remove the display unit for a 2nd time to reprogramme it in order to get it working. The trim looks like it's never been removed so all was good in that department.

Driving of the forecourt I did get a warning in the info screen *System Disabled Due To High Temperature* together with the symbols for the SCBS and LAS. Stopping and powering off resets the system but it issues the warning again once you drive off and neither operates. I did take the car out for a further test and it seems as though it has now adjusted and no longer issues the warning, I've let the dealership know and will keep my eye on it, should it occur again I'll drop it back in to them for diagnostics and repair.

Other then that and a small scratch to the gauge cluster cover the car is great and I'm looking forward to some decent motoring over the next few months at least.

Registered Member

2018 CX5 SE-L Nav+ 2WD 2.2D 150hp Auto

Did they scratch the cluster cover? It wouldn't have come out from the factory like that. I would ask them to replace the cluster cover. When it comes to trade in time they'll blame you anyway to reduce the trade in value.

Registered Member

CX-5 2.2d Sport Nav +

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno21 View Post
    Did they scratch the cluster cover? It wouldn't have come out from the factory like that. I would ask them to replace the cluster cover. When it comes to trade in time they'll blame you anyway to reduce the trade in value.
    TBF I'm not certain it looks like it may be on the inside as I cannot feel a the scratch. It's barely visible in daylight but in darkness with the light behind it's fairly prominent and catches your eye. The dealership called this morning in relation to the 'System Disabled Due To High Temperature' issue that has now cleared but I did get a 'System Disabled Due to The Camera Being Obscured' (or similar) message this morning!! As far as the safety systems go they all seem to be working correctly but I'm taking the car in for them to check over the weekend and they'll also look at the cluster cover.

Registered Member

CX-5

I just did the install myself. My local dealer provided the 2 parts for $157 including the tax. The firmware update took 40 minutes total, and the install itself was about 45 minutes. The worst part was fishing the new cable up into the dash. But the videos were very helpful, and other than not having a touch screen, Android Auto is so much better than the Mazda clunky system. I wish it would allow the radio to display through the screen while in Android Auto. Overall very happy with the outcome, and honestly should have been available for a long time. I highly encourage anyone to go for it, its not that difficult.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD + Tech

Thanks for the videos. It was handy to refer to them as I did the install.

AA will take some getting used to, but it seems quite cool.

One thing that I didn't realize is that it seems like audio still goes over Bluetooth. I was expecting to enjoy better music quality due to USB connection, but don't think that's how it works unfortunately.

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-5 Touring

So to clarify - you guys are doing your own Mazda updates to the infotainment software?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast