Second Gen (2017 and up) CX-5 AA/ACP Installation Videos

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring with PP
I've created some videos documenting the process to install the necessary parts for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay in the second generation CX-5. The first video shows taking apart the interior, routing the cables and installing the new aux hub. Second video shows the process of putting all the trim back together. Do realize that version 70 of the firmware needs to be installed prior to installation of any new hardware. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/GYEaddWnbiQ

https://youtu.be/8choSrR3f-M

COURTESY OF ADAMOZ:

For 2015.5 on-wards MAZDA CX-5 Genuine Car Play and Android Auto in their MZD/Mazda Connect Infotainment System.

This upgrade KIT is NOT For 1st Generation Mazda CX-5 with TomTom in Dash Navigation System.

Here again are the GENUINE Mazda Part Numbers for the required new parts..
1 x TK78-66-9U0C AUX Hub Unit.
1 x C9**-V6-605 USB Data Cable SET (2)...see READ-ME Warning.txt in Server in link.for your Part Numbers.

Plus New NA N 70.00.021B FIRMWARE.
or
Plus New EU N 70.00.021A FIRMWARE.
or
Plus New 4A N (ADR) 70.00.021A FIRMWARE....NA at the moment!

First,
MUST Install new Firmware FIRST (with Old Parts still installed).

Then you MUST Remove the Old AUX Hub and remove the Single USB Cable from old AUX Hub and up to the CMU Unit (under Display Screen).
To remove these Parts you need to remove Console, Gear Lever Surround, Gear Lever Knob, Rear Console, Side Wall Panels at front of console under dash, and the Trims around the Touch Screen and Centre Air Vents, you then need to unbolt the Screen to access the CMU under the Screen to change over the 2 NEW USB Cables, which runs down to Newly Install AUX Hub.

Once you have done this you can turn on ACC mode and CP/AA will boot up and Run.

I REPEAT....

YOU MUST Install new 70's FIRMWARE BEFORE you install the NEW Parts, those being new AUX Hub and 2 new USB Data Cables........ Your Old now Removed unused Parts MUST BE DISCARDED.

Be VERY CAREFUL IF you buy ANY of these Parts from China Sellers at the Taobao Website as ALL the modules they currently sell are
ALL OLD Stocks and are incompatible with the FIRST Official Release of 70's Mazda Firmware, You have been WARNED!
This has all been tested and failed months ago, so don't think you know more as no NEWS is New News.

.Pdf Installation Instructions of the 2 new USB Cables for all Mazda's can be found here in this link...
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqj...Mazda_Firmware

Mazda Parts Availability..

Been told Parts Arrive @ Mazda Australia in August for a Release in September.
Mazda Motors Europe has ALL parts available now from all Mazda Dealers in Europe and UK.
Mazda USA has parts and some Dealer you can buy from, but limited stocks are ONLY meant for 2018 GL Mazda 6, More USA Stocks in December.

Many owners will want their Mazda Dealer to supply and Fit CP/AA, it is about a 1.5 Hour job, a Dealer Install for Labor and Parts ??

BTW: I am ASH8 from Mazda 3 Rev, Miata, RX-8 Forums.

Watching that video for most of the owners it seems to be an out of reach modification. I wonder how much Mazda is going to charge us doing that modification. I know that Hyundai had a similar upgrade for its owners and did not cost more than 100 US dollars.

Watching that video for most of the owners it seems to be an out of reach modification. I wonder how much Mazda is going to charge us doing that modification. I know that Hyundai had a similar upgrade for its owners and did not cost more than 100 US dollars.

The parts are $200 US, and likely 2 hours labor will be charged.

I wonder if the cost would go down if we did the software upgrade ahead of time, then got the dealer to just do the hardware part... I can't see it taking 2 hours to do just the hardware part...

COURTESY OF ADAMOZ:

For 2015.5 on-wards MAZDA CX-5 Genuine Car Play and Android Auto in their MZD/Mazda Connect Infotainment System.

.Pdf Installation Instructions of the 2 new USB Cables for all Mazda's can be found here in this link...
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqj...Mazda_Firmware

Broken link for the firmware in post: http://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware
Direct Link for parts (or your contact your local dealership): http://shop.mazmart.com/en/apple-carplayandroid-kit-for-2014-skyactiv-models

Last edited:
Less. They charge an hour for the software install, which is ridiculous.n Not like someone needs to sit in the car for an hour while it loads.
surely would be less , or surely would be 2 hours :)

Less. They charge an hour for the software install, which is ridiculous.n Not like someone needs to sit in the car for an hour while it loads.

They need to be available to keep pressing the brake pedal every 25 minutes to stop the CMU going to sleep during the update which would then risk bricking it. The engine is NOT running during this process. I wouldn't rely on the tech going in and out of the car in between other jobs and remembering to go back in and press the brake pedal when required(headshake I've updated my firmware 3 times now and I read my Kindle when in the car and set my mobile timer to remind me to press the brake pedal. It has NEVER took an hour though even with the EU update which is larger due to all the different language information so they are still overcharging.

I have a hard time believing they are paying a tech to sit in your car to press the brake every 25 minutes.

I have a hard time believing they are paying a tech to sit in your car to press the brake every 25 minutes.

Why do you have a hard time believing it? This would be why they justify the high price for the update. (It doesn't mean I agree with it). The fact is that someone needs to be available to press the brake pedal every 25 minutes whether they sit in the car or remember to get back in the car to press the brake pedal when they've been doing other things. If they don't remember, they'll most likely brick the unit. I know what I'm talking about as I've carried out three firmware updates on my car.:)

Thank you very much for these. My local dealer had the parts $211 and I used your vids for the install. Everything worked great!

I've gone to two Mazda dealerships to test drive a CX-5 (one new and one used) and both salesmen tell me that AA and ACP are not yet available. And reading this thread I still don't get it. Someone said when the dealer starts offering it, other said they bought the parts at the dealership. Can someone please explain? I'd like to try to have them install it as part of the purchasing deal if they don't want to budge on sale price, but maybe that's what they want to avoid and that's why the tell me that they dont have it, once I buy, they'll say heeeeey do you want AA and ACP for $500 additional?

I've gone to two Mazda dealerships to test drive a CX-5 (one new and one used) and both salesmen tell me that AA and ACP are not yet available. And reading this thread I still don't get it. Someone said when the dealer starts offering it, other said they bought the parts at the dealership. Can someone please explain? I'd like to try to have them install it as part of the purchasing deal if they don't want to budge on sale price, but maybe that's what they want to avoid and that's why the tell me that they dont have it, once I buy, they'll say heeeeey do you want AA and ACP for $500 additional?

Mazda has officially only released it for Mazda 6 and parts are reserved for that, So the dealer is correct. No one knows when that will change.

Seems a little timely but anyone with patience and a $10 toolkit can do this. Excellent videos!

The price for the kit itself seems way overpriced, and it stinks because I'll be doing mine and my fiance's Mz3.

Last edited:
Hello all 1st time poster and thanks for the videos, they are very informative and given me a decision to make. I am due to collect my new Mazda CX-5 from the dealership on Tuesday and as part of the purchase I negotiated a free ACP upgrade that is currently being offered at 349 GBP, however having seen the amount of trim that needs to be removed and replaced I'm not sure if I want this to be installed. I also have some reservations as this will probably be the 1st installation they have performed and I'd rather them use another vehicle to get their training. I'll give it some thought tomorrow I guess before my PDI and collection on Tuesday.

Back