Mp3 ecu

grffn

Contributor
:
'02 P5
Just ordered a MP3 ECU part #FS9N-18881-C, how would I go about installing this? Disconnect battery for the new ECU and start pumping in 91 octane right?
From what I understand it's under the carpet on the passenger side.. am I missing anything else I need to do or is it that straightforward?

Thanks
-Grif

Where'd you get yours?
But from my understanding, yes, it is that simple. I'm trying to find one now for my P5

Where'd you get yours?
But from my understanding, yes, it is that simple. I'm trying to find one now for my P5

I saw one pop up on ebay for $120 so I hopped on that immediately.
But alrighty, thanks! Tried searching around and the info was a bit spotty on what needs to be done.

Damn that's a good price. I'm trying to find one now.
I read to watch out as the metal holding down the shield over the ECU will cut you

Damn that's a good price. I'm trying to find one now.
I read to watch out as the metal holding down the shield over the ECU will cut you

Thanks! Looks like I'll have to look for my gloves.
Keep an eye on ebay, I checked it a few times per day. Filtered my searches to Newly Listed & Used.
Maybe craigslist too? I'm sure you have a larger market compared to where I am lol.

A user on here by the name: SpicyOrangeMSP will re-flash any ecu for you. Will cost you some but then you know you have the correct ecu you want.

did you end up getting the ECU in?

Yes I have, well worth it and probably one of my favorite mods so far. Been pumping in 93 octane and above 4k rpms it's so smooth, car feels a bit more peppy. It idles real well too, almost seems as if the cars off.. not sure if thats a placebo or what. But moving from a stop and rolling through traffic seems to be a lot better as well. Almost cut my hands up swapping them out so be careful with that if you're planning to get the ecu too.

My car is unusually peppy (ahem, when it runs).
What's the visual indicator on the ECU that it's a MSP unit?

My car is unusually peppy (ahem, when it runs).
What's the visual indicator on the ECU that it's a MSP unit?

MSP ecu works with a turbo setup, if you're looking for NA power then MP3 ecu is the way to go.

Some browsing seems to show MSP ecu with part numbers MSP0-18-881 and FSAE-18-881, FSAE-18-881a,b,&,c.

I have another IM that I'm gonna delete the VTCS from. But I wanted to ask, do people only plug the big hole in the side or also the tiny holes between the runners?

Well it's only air, I only plugged the big hole on the side. Took a bolt just barely fit and a power drill and just screwed it in then back out to make thread marks then put on locktite on it and then back on.
It's been holding for 2 years now.

Hm, I might have to do that. I wanted to wait a little while cause I wanted to get a slight Port/Polish on it. Thanks!

I do not. JB weld is great but I wouldn't trust it that close to the engine and possibility of it getting sucked in.
Just get a bolt to plug it up.

Back