Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Argh, Just my Fooking luck

Registered Member

2012 AWD DIESEL Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ColtX-5 View Post
    Perhaps you can buy an extended warranty from Mazda to cover the vehicle in case the engine pops. Then, just drive it till it does, .... or doesn't.
    Do you think they would do that. Car is 2012 model and has had two services by an independent Garage ?

Registered Member

MAZDA CX5 175 SPORT NAV AUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Geedub View Post
    Hi guys

First post so go easy on me.

Firstly I am no mechanic or car expert just someone with an appreciation of cars.

Glad to be on the forum if only I where here with good news.

So, after what seemed like months of research into what car to buy ( reviews, youtube vids you name it ) I went for a CX5. I thought It ticked all the boxes I needed it to. However since finding this forum it seems I have gone a bought the model with all the engine problems I went for a 2012 CX-5 L 2.2l D, AWD 175 PS 5T 6GS AL-SPORTS TEC-P N Manufactured 30.10.2012.
    VIN JMZKEN92600136006 .with 114,500 KM on the clock. I bought it from a Mazda dealership in Germany as I needed a LHD Model. It has had some very recent work done that I was not aware of until two weeks after I had got it home ( Home currently being Lithuania ) The work carried out was due to a reported lack of power I assume from the previous owner.

( Sorry its partly in German )

LACK OF ACCELERATION_SKYACTIV-D 2.2
    VORDERACHSGEOMETRIE PRÜFEN UND EINSTELLEN
    ÖLSIEB & PLEUELLAGER ERNEUERN

MAZDA DEXELIA 5W-30 ULTRA DPF ÖLFILTER
    DICHTUNG (VPE 5)
    SH REPARATUR KIT A
    SH REPARATUR KIT B
    SH REPAIR KIT C
    SPÜLÖL ( cleaning oil )
    PLEUELLAGERSCHALE ( connecting rod )
    DICHTUNG ( ?? )
    ÖLSIEB DICHTRING ( oil seals)

no mention of ECU Upgrade or new dipstick ?

From what I gather this VIN model matches the cars with all the headaches. Have I got a ticking time bomb of a car here ?
    Question is, what do I do get rid as soon as poss ????? I'm sooo pissed off I really could do without this.

Thanks in advance for any help advice offered.

Regards Geedub
    You should try to get hold of the previous owner to find out what has been done. It may have had everything done. The 2012 oil rising issue would have been done years ago assuming the car has been in a Mazda dealer in its first couple of years. The camshaft problems may have been sorted but some never go and stay ok. Some of the early ones got new engines possibly only in Australia. Mazda may have a record of previous work done. If the car is ok at the moment then just enjoy it.

Registered Member

2012 AWD DIESEL Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKETRON View Post
    You should try to get hold of the previous owner to find out what has been done. It may have had everything done. The 2012 oil rising issue would have been done years ago assuming the car has been in a Mazda dealer in its first couple of years. The camshaft problems may have been sorted but some never go and stay ok. Some of the early ones got new engines possibly only in Australia. Mazda may have a record of previous work done. If the car is ok at the moment then just enjoy it.
    I dont think finding the previous owner is going to be easy as I bought the car in Germany. And we are currently living in Lithuania. I hear what your saying about the camshaft problems being sorted by the previous owner but it has only had the turbo and its associated parts replaced. From what I've read the Turbo failure would of been caused by oil contaminated with debris from the cam so if thats happened whats to say it won't happen again. Also there are reports of vacuum pump failure, oil pump chains breaking and injector washer issues. I think these earlier engines are very problematic. I would love to sit back and enjoy it but now I feel like it go go pop at any time ?

Registered Member

2012 AWD DIESEL Sport

Registered Member

2012 AWD DIESEL Sport

My other gripe is that I bought this car from a Mazda Dealer, they would of been more than aware of the problems relating to this engine. In fact they have even confirmed that its from the dodgey batch and they replaced the turbo. So in effect they have knowingly sold me a car that can break at any time due to poor design and possibly cause a serious accident. Vacuum pump failure is not something I like the thought of considering I am now getting the missis to take over the school run and she is not that experienced behind the wheel. I wonder if anyone is aware of any legal action being taken against Mazda either in the Uk, Germany, Australia or the states ?

Registered Member

2018 CX5

I am not an attorney but unless you are actually having a problem with the car you can not take legal action for something that may happen in the future. My advice would be if the situation really bothers you is to trade up to a newer CX5 that is not known to have issues to get the money back that you just spent on it (before it looses more value).

Registered Member

2018 CX5

But, if you want to keep the car it would never hurt to call Mazda Corporation and tell them your tale. Maybe they will offer you an extended warrantee on the parts you are concerned about? Who knows..never hurts to ask.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Argh, Just my Fooking luck

Quote Originally Posted by CX5Nut View Post
    I am not an attorney but unless you are actually having a problem with the car you can not take legal action for something that may happen in the future. My advice would be if the situation really bothers you is to trade up to a newer CX5 that is not known to have issues to get the money back that you just spent on it (before it looses more value).
    Quote Originally Posted by CX5Nut View Post
    But, if you want to keep the car it would never hurt to call Mazda Corporation and tell them your tale. Maybe they will offer you an extended warrantee on the parts you are concerned about? Who knows..never hurts to ask.
    Best advice to OP!

Registered Member

2012 AWD DIESEL Sport

Good advice thanks for the input

QUOTE=yrwei52;6608916]Best advice to OP![/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12