Car Play and Android Auto GENUINE Mazda.

:
ASH8
For 2015.5 on-wards Mazda 6 Genuine Car Play and Android Auto in their MZD/Mazda Connect Infotainment System.

This upgrade KIT is NOT For 1st Generation Mazda 6 with TomTom in Dash Navigation System.

Here again are the GENUINE Mazda Part Numbers for the required new parts..
1 x TK78-66-9U0C AUX Hub Unit.
1 x C9**-V6-605 USB Data Cable SET (2)...see READ-ME Warning.txt in Server in link.for your Part Numbers.

Plus New NA N 70.00.021B FIRMWARE.
or
Plus New EU N 70.00.021A FIRMWARE.
or
Plus New 4A N (ADR) 70.00.021A FIRMWARE....NA at the moment!

First,
MUST Install new Firmware FIRST (with Old Parts still installed).

Then you MUST Remove the Old AUX Hub and remove the Single USB Cable from old AUX Hub and up to the CMU Unit (under Display Screen).
To remove these Parts you need to remove Console, Gear Lever Surround, Gear Lever Knob, Rear Console, Side Wall Panels at front of console under dash, and the Trims around the Touch Screen and Centre Air Vents, you then need to unbolt the Screen to access the CMU under the Screen to change over the 2 NEW USB Cables, which runs down to Newly Install AUX Hub.

Once you have done this you can turn on ACC mode and CP/AA will boot up and Run.

I REPEAT....

YOU MUST Install new 70's FIRMWARE BEFORE you install the NEW Parts, those being new AUX Hub and 2 new USB Data Cables........ Your Old now Removed unused Parts MUST BE DISCARDED.

Be VERY CAREFUL IF you buy ANY of these Parts from China Sellers at the Taobao Website as ALL the modules they currently sell are
ALL OLD Stocks and are incompatible with the FIRST Official Release of 70's Mazda Firmware, You have been WARNED!
This has all been tested and failed months ago, so don't think you know more as no NEWS is New News.

.Pdf Installation Instructions of the 2 new USB Cables for all Mazda's can be found here in this link...
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware

Mazda Parts Availability..

Been told Parts Arrive @ Mazda Australia in August for a Release in September.
Mazda Motors Europe has ALL parts available now from all Mazda Dealers in Europe and UK.
Mazda USA has parts and some Dealer you can buy from, but limited stocks are ONLY meant for 2018 GL Mazda 6, More USA Stocks in December.

Many owners will want their Mazda Dealer to supply and Fit CP/AA, it is about a 1.5 Hour job, a Dealer Install for Labor and Parts ??

BTW: I am ASH8 from Mazda 3 Rev, Miata, RX-8 Forums.

CarPlay retrofit for the 2014 Mazda 6 GT

This upgrade KIT is NOT For 1st Generation Mazda 6 with TomTom in Dash Navigation System.

BTW: I am ASH8 from Mazda 3 Rev, Miata, RX-8 Forums.

Any word on CarPlay retrofit for the 2014 Mazda 6 GT with TomTom NAV?

I did the infotainment upgrade to my 2016 Mazda 6 Touring. It was really easy - about a 4 on a 1-10 scale of difficulty.

I ordered the car kit from Mastria Parts on Amazon. The cost was $154.99. "Mazda Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Retrofit Kit 0000-8F-Z34, TK78-66-9U0C". These guys are located in Connecticut, IIRC. I ordered on Sunday evening and had the parts by Thursday. The kit comes with a new interface "hub" with a slot for the map card and two USB ports, one of which is for CarPlay (or the Android equivalent).

There are plenty of videos out there to show how to remove the trim. You need to remove the piece above the glovebox door over to the start button. You need to remove the start button and instrument cluster shade. Also remove the glove box as you will need to have access later to route the wire up to the back of the radio. I bundled up the excess cable and left it in front of the heater below the radio.

Then remove the cup holder and multifunction switch. Then lift up on the gear shift trim so you will have access to route the wire.

Don't do what I did and unscrew the armrest and remove it. You DON'T need to. I couldn't figure out how to remove the USB hub, so I thought I had to remove the armrest to see what was going on. That was a PITA to replace. There are two tabs that face the gearshift that hold the hub into the armrest. Release those tabs and you can slide the hub to the rear and up out of the armrest. Then unplug the cables from the hub to remove it.

The head unit has a 10mm bolt underneath that must be removed to slide the head unit out. Unclip the connectors and you can slide it out. I didn't use any of the foam that came with the kit. I just used a bunch of zip ties I had on hand to bundle the cables. Then I ran the cables down behind the heater and under the shifter to the armrest. Make sure you look at the cable ends and route the right ones to the radio, and hub. They only go one way. Blue and green go on one end and black and brown on the other.

You have to partially remove the instrument cluster shade to get the start button out. I just pulled the whole thing off as it pushes straight back in to reinstall and there are a lot of tabs to align to get it in properly.

While I had it apart, I ran a 6 foot Anker lightning cable from the armrest up to the little cubby ahead of the shifter, as that is where I want to put my phone.

Going back together is the opposite of taking it apart.

I did do the software update prior to installing the hardware. Once I hooked up the new hub, I tested it and CarPlay fired right up. Pretty slick. The map on my phone shows up very nicely on the Mazda display. Easy upgrade.

Back