Mazdas Dynamic Pressure Turbo A Closer Look

Mazdas Dynamic Pressure Turbo A Closer Look

There has been a lot of buzz about the new(ish) turbocharged SkyActiv-G 2.5L first found in the Mazda CX-9 and now in the Mazda 6. *Along with all this buzz, there are a lot of unknowns as well. Here at CorkSport, we*ve taken the step to try and address some of these unknowns. *What is * Continue reading "Mazda*s Dynamic Pressure Turbo * A Closer Look"

mazda-6-turbo-car-and-driver.jpg

Please click here for the full article and if you wish, you can post your comments in this thread. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the article.

I find this line intriguing: "This tells us the SkyActiv-G 2.5L engine is creating a lot of (currently) unused exhaust gas energy. Again this supports the feasibility of a performance turbocharger suiting Mazda*s new turbo engine quite well. "

Do you think they could modify the turbo to alter the torque curve to make it more suitable for a FWD "sportier" car?

Thanks for the article.

I find this line intriguing: "This tells us the SkyActiv-G 2.5L engine is creating a lot of (currently) unused exhaust gas energy. Again this supports the feasibility of a performance turbocharger suiting Mazda*s new turbo engine quite well. "

Do you think they could modify the turbo to alter the torque curve to make it more suitable for a FWD "sportier" car?

At some point you run into a restriction with the exhaust port setup on the motor. I bet if they gave up some velocity for volume you could do well.

-Derrick

Back