Protecting the CX-5's shiny interior trim

lovell88

:
CX-5
Just bought a new CX-5. And of course, there is the dreaded shiney black plastic inside. What have you guys done to keep that from getting scratched and looking nasty?

A pre-cut film would be nice, but I am not finding that easily. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Theres a treatment product called Plexus that Ive had luck with. Not bulletproof, but it helps prevent the micro scratching and polishes any existing blemishes.

There*s a treatment product called Plexus that I*ve had luck with. Not bulletproof, but it helps prevent the micro scratching and polishes any existing blemishes.

I'm guess you didn't spray directly on it in the car, correct? Spray to cloth, then apply?

I took everything apart so the wrap goes underneath everything. It's not perfect, but turned out good enough for me. Used an Xacto and a heat gun, and watched a few videos on youtube about how to apply wraps.

I'm guess you didn't spray directly on it in the car, correct? Spray to cloth, then apply?

Depends on the size of the part. For nooks and crannies Id spray on the towel first, for parts with larger surface area I spray directly on. A little overspray wont hurt anything if you wipe off when done.

Probably just the lighting. If the photo go too dark, it didn't show any of the texture. It is a lot darker than the stock wood piece, but I think it looks really good.

Back