James Barone Racing SRI Throwing CEL - 2018 CX-5

Adguy21

:
2019 CX-5 GT Reserve Soul Red
Has anyone else put a short ram intake in their CX-5? I put it in on Saturday, started it up and took it for a test spin with no issues whatsoever. This morning driving to work as soon as the car got up to temp it threw a CEL and the car was bogging (like it couldn't breathe). I was told by James Barone directly this would not throw a code. Anyone care to shed some light.

Problem solved! Simple as taking the MAF sensor out, blowing it with compressed air and putting it back in. Back to loving the intake :)

My own naivety here, but what does the new intake change with the car?

Gives the engine a little nicer and louder sound without being obnoxious, better throttle response and yet to be proven better hp and torque. From the butt dyno I don't feel that it's faster but the throttle response is definitely better...especially in sport.

Gives the engine a little nicer and louder sound without being obnoxious, better throttle response and yet to be proven better hp and torque. From the butt dyno I don't feel that it's faster but the throttle response is definitely better...especially in sport.

Interesting. Thank you.

Newbie to the forum here...old salty dog with tuning cars. I read where some people don't believe the short ram intakes be-it fro JBR or Cork's don't really do anything... I'll bet a $1000 it does, I have a '18 touring w/sunroof and my buddy has a '18 touring w/o sunroof, both stock except for my intake and we raced 3 times and I even let him get a jump and 3 out of 3 times I passed him. NOTE (street racing is illegal).Then get on the highway and put in in sport -mode and let it rev...bye Felicia. LOL(burnout)

Disconnect the battery for like a minute.. you'll want the ecu to relearn fuel trims. otherwise it could happen again

Back