Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought a 2016 cx5 touring CPO - Already have an issue

Registered Member

2006 BMW 330i

Lauren's, South Carolina. Its FWD not AWD.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by cowsgonemadd3 View Post
    You looked at the cx5 in Georgia? I did look at the tires. They look great but since I couldn't get "up to speed" in Roswell, Georgia I didn't know. One would hope the 160 point inspection would find such. I was told they were Korean. I just want the shaking to stop. Not saying I am going to leave negative feedback for them. I am however frustrated by this.
    Most likely they did a poor job balancing them. "Certified cars" are a joke. Every certified car I have purchased (Toyota Sienna, Honda CRV) has had issues that should have been identified in an inspection.

I would make them fix it.

Registered Member

2006 BMW 330i

I trusted the dealer. CPO made me feel safer, like they went over it in great detail. I haven't had good luck buying from dealers ever. Most seem to lie and try to take as much money from you as possible. I have been lied to more times than I likely know by dealers. I felt this dealership treated me nice but they messed up on the tire thing. Everything else is great and we love it

Registered Member

2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD

Have you talked to them, yet? If so what did they say?

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

I trusted the dealer. CPO made me feel safer, like they went over it in great detail. I haven't had good luck buying from dealers ever. Most seem to lie and try to take as much money from you as possible. I have been lied to more times than I likely know by dealers. I felt this dealership treated me nice but they messed up on the tire thing. Everything else is great and we love it
    That's why they are called "stealerships". There is no reason to trust them.

Anyway, agreed with everyone else. Get tires re-balanced and go from there. Hopefully that resolves the issue for you.

Registered Member
    Donated: $15

2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB

CPO inspections are only as good as the guy doing the inspection. 160 inspection points! Right.. That being said, I wouldn't get too upset over this, could be something as simple as maybe a wheel weight falling off and a tire being out of balance.

Registered Member

2010 Mazda 3

You looked at the cx5 in Georgia? I did look at the tires. They look great but since I couldn't get "up to speed" in Roswell, Georgia I didn't know. One would hope the 160 point inspection would find such. I was told they were Korean. I just want the shaking to stop. Not saying I am going to leave negative feedback for them. I am however frustrated by this.
    haha the same model, same year, same shake.... but in michigan. They dont do the inspection. I guarantee the sales manager drives the car around the block if no idiot lights come on its given a quick cleaning and put on the lot. I had the salesman send the one i was looking at over to the service dept twice for wheel balancing. Both times it did not correct it. Sometimes you just gotta walk away.

Registered Member

2010 Mazda 3

When i bought my 2010 Mazda 3 CPO it had a bent rim that i asked to be replaced before buying. After i picked it up i realized they had just moved it to the rear. They were fighting me on replacing it until i told them i was contacting Mazda Corporate to see what they would have to say.... suddenly i was told to come in the next morning to get it replaced, for free.

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by thedinger View Post
    haha the same model, same year, same shake.... but in michigan. They dont do the inspection. I guarantee the sales manager drives the car around the block if no idiot lights come on its given a quick cleaning and put on the lot. I had the salesman send the one i was looking at over to the service dept twice for wheel balancing. Both times it did not correct it. Sometimes you just gotta walk away.
    Yep!

Donated: $15

CX-5 Touring 2016.5

As much as I hate to say this - this is one of the reasons buying new is a piece of mind. I bought a CPO Camry :
    1. Touchscreen doesnt work - had to call Toyota to get it replaced - 200 out of pocket. Toyota paid for parts.
    2. Heat deflector in rear falls off due to metal on metal corrosion - known issue - 150 out of pocket.
    3. A Pillar trim on inside fell off.
    4. Its been smoked in with burnt marks on the upholstry. - A CPO?

OP stick to your guns and fight it out - you have few things in your favor - brand new tires should last 30-40K miles, call MZ corporate and go through them. It will be less of a hassle. Sure a nearby dealer would want to test drive - make sure you can replicate it, promise the dealer you will service from them. Good luck.

Official Defender of Zamdatm

Registered Member

2016 CX-5 GT iactive

get the tires balanced, it's not too exp, you can give the bill to the dealership. most likely the tires were flat spotted from the car sitting for a while. air them up to 40 psi, drive for a few days then you can put them back to 35 psi, get them balanced. call it a day. cpo is a sales tactic, nothing more. my steering was 45* crooked when i test drove it, manager kept blabing about how great cpo was, told him why is the steering crooked "oh they missed that".
    Last edited by racermp; Yesterday at 07:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12