Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peel and Stick Dash Kits?

2018 CX-9 Signature

Checked the website (Carid) and there's like 28 finishes. I was surprised. There's even piano black if you just want to preserve the original look. Either get it early to protect the original piano black from scratches or you could buy it later to cover up the scratched surfaces.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 Grand Touring

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom90 View Post
    Hi all I just got my Dark wood pieces installed; I got the large kit but decided against using all the pieces; here is a picture of the center console
    That looks very nice.

The overlay pieces are obviously higher than than the stock trim. Do they look like they're stuck on once they're applied or do they look stock?

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by 19CX9 View Post
    That looks very nice.

The overlay pieces are obviously higher than than the stock trim. Do they look like they're stuck on once they're applied or do they look stock?
    They are a bit raised but they have slightly curved edges; so it looks and feels just like the trim piece of a car with wood; the cut is fairly good. I only did the windows switches; and center console; the rear cup holder looked a bit out of place; also i could not stand the look of the speedo trim.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 Grand Touring

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom90 View Post
    They are a bit raised but they have slightly curved edges; so it looks and feels just like the trim piece of a car with wood; the cut is fairly good. I only did the windows switches; and center console; the rear cup holder looked a bit out of place; also i could not stand the look of the speedo trim.
    Is there one of the smaller kits that has fewer of the parts that you didn't use?

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by 19CX9 View Post
    Is there one of the smaller kits that has fewer of the parts that you didn't use?
    Actually the smaller one is the one I should have bought. I only used those pieces

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 Grand Touring

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Checked the website (Carid) and there's like 28 finishes. I was surprised. There's even piano black if you just want to preserve the original look. Either get it early to protect the original piano black from scratches or you could buy it later to cover up the scratched surfaces.
    I sincerely doubt that you would preserve the original finish with these products. They stick on with adhesive and removing them (or the adhesive residue) would damage the original plastic finish. For that reason I will wait and purchase a kit when I want to permanently cover up (or refresh) the original piano black finish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12