Mazdas Dynamic Pressure Turbo An Introduction

Mazdas Dynamic Pressure Turbo An Introduction

The SkyActiv 2.5T has been around for a few years in the CX-9 however, things started to get interesting when the engine was dropped in the Mazda 6 for 2018. While lacking a manual and not a true Mazdaspeed, it*s a step in the right direction for the enthusiast. With one of the new Mazda * Continue reading "Mazda*s Dynamic Pressure Turbo * An Introduction"

turbocharger-smaller-file.jpg

Please click here for the full article and if you wish, you can post your comments in this thread. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance you can disclose what kinds of products you'd be looking at researching for the 2.5T? ECU tune and/or downpipe, for example?

Please make all the engine work you're doing for the 2.5T in the Mazda 6 available for the CX9 also. :)

Please make all the engine work you're doing for the 2.5T in the Mazda 6 available for the CX9 also. :)

We plan on getting as much crossover between the two vehicles. Our engineers have had the Cx9 turbos in here quite a bit recently.

-Derrick

Any chance you can disclose what kinds of products you'd be looking at researching for the 2.5T? ECU tune and/or downpipe, for example?

I will see if I can get a list from our engineers.

-Derrick

The list I can share.....

SRI in several variants eta 1-2 months
Exhaust, released for the cx9 and soon for the Mazda 6
FMIC upgrade
Intercooler piping upgrade

-Derrick

The list I can share.....

SRI in several variants eta 1-2 months
Exhaust, released for the cx9 and soon for the Mazda 6
FMIC upgrade
Intercooler piping upgrade

-Derrick

Awesome! Looks like I may be placing orders sooner rather than later.. Can't wait!

I'm sure a downpipe is in the works, but that would likely require a lot more R&D than the upgrades you listed.

Awesome! Looks like I may be placing orders sooner rather than later.. Can't wait!

I'm sure a downpipe is in the works, but that would likely require a lot more R&D than the upgrades you listed.

Its on the list as well but down the road. We think the stock turbo will EAD with a downpipe and we are looking at options.

-Derrick

Some of these mods may need to be accompanied by ecu tuning. Not realistic to expect to throw a bunch of bolt on power adders together and still run correctly. Not a bad thing, just part of the turbo game.

Back