Thread: Headlight Assembly

Registered Member

CX-9 Grand Touring 2008

Headlight Assembly

I have a 08 CX-9 Grand Touring. Anyone know where to get headlight assemblies? The plastic on mine is starting to get cloudy and I need to replace it. I'm trying to hold out getting a new car for a little longer as the EV SUV are starting to come out so this CX9 has got to stretch out a little longer. I've tried to clear coat/sanding options and they work for a little while but fade.

The mazda headlight assemblies are $900 per headlamp which seems crazy. There has to be an aftermarket solution somewhere.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

TYC makes replacements for the 10-15 model years, but 07-09 are harder to find for some reason. I found them on eBay, priced anywhere from $150-$400 per side.

Another option is a local junk yard, you might be able to find some headlights from wrecked CX-9s.

Have you tried tinting the headlight lenses with a clear ceramic tint? I would wetsand and polish the headlights, then tint them and see how that goes. If that didn't work I'd look into replacing the headlights (or even just the headlight lenses).

Registered Member

CX-9 Grand Touring 2008

I haven't tried the tint option. I tried the wetsanding and clear coat that comes in the kit that you get from the local auto store. It worked for about 4 months and then faded back. I thought about the junkyard option but figured given the age, they would be just as worn out.

Any chance you could post ebay link? My search results don't show anything for 08. Lots of other years but not 08.

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    TYC makes replacements for the 10-15 model years, but 07-09 are harder to find for some reason. I found them on eBay, priced anywhere from $150-$400 per side.

Another option is a local junk yard, you might be able to find some headlights from wrecked CX-9s.

Have you tried tinting the headlight lenses with a clear ceramic tint? I would wetsand and polish the headlights, then tint them and see how that goes. If that didn't work I'd look into replacing the headlights (or even just the headlight lenses).

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by leroy_hack View Post
    I haven't tried the tint option. I tried the wetsanding and clear coat that comes in the kit that you get from the local auto store. It worked for about 4 months and then faded back. I thought about the junkyard option but figured given the age, they would be just as worn out.

Any chance you could post ebay link? My search results don't show anything for 08. Lots of other years but not 08.
    Unfortunately, in the quick search I did, I didn't come across any 07-09 housings. Only things like ballasts and rear tail lights.

Another resource is autobody repair shops. Often they have access to a wider database of OEM aftermarket/refurbished parts.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.