What Other Cars Do You Have Beside Your CX-5?

94 Integra GSR with the DOHC VTEC engine. 368,000 miles currently. Owned it since 2001. Sort of a hoopty but I still have fun driving it.

13671747_124827791295821_1307804974_n.jpg

41834645_444691546053935_5444573732373410428_n.jpg

Nice! My previous was 97 LS, learned stick in that car. Managed to keep the original clutch, traded it in at 160k when I get my Mazda3 in 2010. I still miss it a bit.

Did yours have issues with the heat shield tearing off and the exhaust rusting out quickly? I know I could've taken better care of washing the undercarriage after winters, but both the 97LS and 91GS had issues with the heat shield and exhaust rust. On the plus side when that happen, it would sound like a beast from the outside, but I didn't enjoy the foot numbness from the excessive vibration.

Believe it or not, most of my exhaust is ORIGINAL from 1994, including the axle-back pipe and muffler! No rusted out holes or anything! I swapped out the exhaust manifold for another stock manifold in the early 2000's because of the dreaded exhaust rattle, and also had the stock resonator pipe removed around 2003 because I was daily parking in a parking garage at the time and the resonator pipe was scraping on the garage ramps. :p

2019 Acura RDX. Was cross shopping the RDX while looking at the CX-5. The better half liked the tech in the RDX more. Instead of deciding, between the two, we just got both... Lol

Believe it or not, most of my exhaust is ORIGINAL from 1994, including the axle-back pipe and muffler! No rusted out holes or anything! I swapped out the exhaust manifold for another stock manifold in the early 2000's because of the dreaded exhaust rattle, and also had the stock resonator pipe removed around 2003 because I was daily parking in a parking garage at the time and the resonator pipe was scraping on the garage ramps. :p

Guess I can chalk that up to salt corrosion and not washing the undercarriage regularly when the roads are treated. At least so far my 3 has been good, barely changed the washing habits though. With my luck, now that I've mentioned it, and given the last 2 years of notable (1k) repairs, I'll probably get a rusted out exhaust at some point this year.

Bone stock 1999 Honda Accord EX V6, modded until it looked like this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Traded the Accord in for a bone stock 2008 Lexus IS250 AWD w/ Luxury package, then modded it until it looked like this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Then sold the Lexus after moving to Calgary. I shared a vehicle with my wife (2006 Honda Civic DX, purchased brand new) since I worked from home for a few years. Driving a bare bones car like a Civic DX for a couple of years made me really appreciate a lot of things about my Lexus, and now, my Mazda. The Civic didn't even have cruise control, lol. A new car had been on the list for some time, but we decided to continue saving money until she got pregnant. As a result, we were able to put down a nice little down payment on the CX-9. The Civic is still marching along, closing in on 190k kms with regular maintenance only.

Prior to the 1999 Accord, I also had a 1991 Accord 4dr, and a 1984 Chevy Celebrity 2dr before that. They were more or less gifted to me from my dad.

Attachments

• Accord1.jpg
    Accord1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 496
  • Accord2.jpg
    Accord2.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 494
  • 11949839013_5c2cd4cb5a_o.jpg
    11949839013_5c2cd4cb5a_o.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 515
  • 11949553695_5e3253064c_o.jpg
    11949553695_5e3253064c_o.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 576
Have a 2002 BMW M3 which is used daily. Done roughly 160000 and is quite a contrast to the 2018 cx5 2.2d
attachment.php

Also building a retromod out of a 1963 mini ex circuit car. Will be running a 1330cc turbo with roughly 140hp and weighing 1100 pounds
attachment.php

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 439
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    624.4 KB · Views: 444
Have a 2002 BMW M3 which is used daily. Done roughly 160000 and is quite a contrast to the 2018 cx5 2.2d
attachment.php

Also building a retromod out of a 1963 mini ex circuit car. Will be running a 1330cc turbo with roughly 140hp and weighing 1100 pounds
attachment.php

Cool :)
How do you acquire all the parts needed for your 1963 project car ?

I have a European spec BMW M4. Im surprised how easy it is to code my M4 and how hard it is to change something in my CX-5 GTS.

Cool :)
How do you acquire all the parts needed for your 1963 project car ?

These were built in New Zealand some bits around. Ive been collect bits for about 20 years and have imported all the trim and some go faster bits from the UK.

Engine is mini with a later model turbo curb. Turbo is from a 1988 Mazda 323 turbo which will be set for 12psi.

Also have a 2007 3i with lots of miles on it (sucky night time pic from when I had just gotten rid of the original steel wheels):

40455832003_4dd5137f51_c.jpg

Then there's this, but we won't get into details:

32479422387_daaf65b9a6_c.jpg

(naughty)

I gave this(and others)up for Lent but forgiveness..A 2019 Veloster N will be joining my fleet next week as of today..pics to follow- happy spring suckas(nana)

I gave this(and others)up for Lent but forgiveness..A 2019 Veloster N will be joining my fleet next week as of today..pics to follow- happy spring suckas(nana)

Congrats!

Did you trade away the CX-5, or is this in addition.

Thanks..addition..which is why keeping cost down was priority otherwise Stinger GT/G70 or M240- but any of those how I wanted were 10-15+ more. Drove the RWD G70 stick and other than sweet looks/interior it was surprisingly meh to drive. The N is huge fun and absolutely love how adjustable it is- exhaust, steering, dampers- thing had me at hello pretty much- I'd rather the i30n for more traditional layout but then I wouldn't be able to MAGA:)(drive2) Hail Marys now..

Last edited:
I was cruising Consumer Reports at the Barnes and Noble the other day. Veloster had one of the lowest owner satisfaction scores of any vehicle. I wonder if the added power and features of the "N" trim level will alter that, or how you all who have them feel in 3 years. Hopefully it will! I know the GT-R and Sg trim levels on the CX5 have taken it from "shoulda bought a RAV4 Hybrid..." to "class leading by a mile" in MY book, so I can see how the N trim might do the same.

I was cruising Consumer Reports at the Barnes and Noble the other day. Veloster had one of the lowest owner satisfaction scores of any vehicle. I wonder if the added power and features of the "N" trim level will alter that, or how you all who have them feel in 3 years. Hopefully it will! I know the GT-R and Sg trim levels on the CX5 have taken it from "shoulda bought a RAV4 Hybrid..." to "class leading by a mile" in MY book, so I can see how the N trim might do the same.

*N*egative

No data since '16 model year and even then its very spotty. N won't move the needle bc its a niche within a niche- check out how many are available- they know this but hey thanks for the data. I'll let you know if it satisfies me- major s*** don't break I'll be plenty satisfied, long warranty std if it does- dlr 5 miles down the road.
https://www.redbubble.com/people/ki...0be&ref=shop_grid&searchTerm=hyundai t-shirts
Neighbors be hatin my ass too now snap crackle and poppin up their quiet little cul de sac at all hours haha- eh your dopey ass dogs wake me up all the damn time- now hear this!

Last edited:
Back