2018 CX5 Touring gas gauge stuck on full

Hoot

:
Mazda CX5 Touring
My 2018 CX5 Touring was rear-ended. Not much damage. Only the bumper was scuffed. After the repair, my rear view camera didn't work. Took it back to the body shop and they reset it. Now my gas gauge is past the full mark. The body shop said they didn't cause it. Mazda says I have to wait a week but the Mazda Service Advisor says he has never heard of this problem. Is there a simple solution to fix this? If I disconnect the battery, will the entire system reset or would I cause more problems?
Thanks in advance !

If the gauge worked before you took it in and stopped working when the body shop 'reset it', the body shop broke it, and they are responsible. The damage occurred while the car was in their care. Take them to court if they won't repair it, you will need to document everything.

Disconnecting the battery wont hurt anything and isnt a bad idea if you want to test if it was a fluke. If it were my car, id go ahead and try that before engaging in a frustrating battle with the body shop mouth-breathers.

The car is under warranty. If the car repair shop screwed it up, Im dont want them to continue messing with it.

But if someone else damages your car in any way...that's not a warranty repair anymore....

Given the description of the work done, Im failing to think of a reasonable explanation for how the body shop would have affected the gas gauge. Its not like they had a reason to mess with the dash or fuel system.

I had it when my 17 went in for a repair. *I can assure you that that airbag light is nothing to do with us*.......... and then I took the door card of to find they had left the plug off the door pressure sensor. I sent them a bill for 55 and they paid it.

The fuel gauge works by variable resistance. Its like a dimmer switch on a float - the more fuel the brighter the light or in this case, the more the gauge reads. It could be the wire is trapped and earthed but if they*ve shorted the body control module, it will have the same effect and it will be expensive. I*m 99.9% sure its something to do with the repair so I would dig in.

Since it is under warrantee, why not let the dealer take a look at it and if they determine it was from the repair or the accident, then go back to your auto insurance company. Usually the auto insurance will guarantee the repair and help you if there is an issue.

Latest posts

Back