Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda North American Operations Sales Figures August 2018 - CX-5 Sales Up!

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

Mazda North American Operations Sales Figures August 2018 - CX-5 Sales Up!

"Mazda CX-5, Mazda's midsized crossover SUV continues with strong sales with 12,970 vehicles sold during the month of August, an increase of 11.5 percent month-over-month. Sales of the Mazda CX-5 are up 36.1 percent YTD."

Source: Mazda Reports August Sales Results

2016 Mazda CX-5

Crossovers are so big here right now and the CX-5 is (IMO) by far the best looking in the segment and competitively priced. The CX-5 is no doubt Mazda's bread and butter in North America.

Where's the chart? Curious how the 6 is doing...

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Where's the chart? Curious how the 6 is doing...
    Here you go:

Source: Official Mazda Sales Figures August 2018

Thanks! The 6 spike was short lived.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2017 CX5 GS, 2018 X3 xDrive30i, 2019 Tesla Model 3

I can tell the new cx5's are selling very well from how many I see on the road. I see more new cx5's than the old cx5's.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
    I can tell the new cx5's are selling very well from how many I see on the road. I see more new cx5's than the old cx5's.
    I have noticed the same thing. The Mazda 6 is a huge disappointment but honestly, the Accord is not even selling as well as last year. Same is true for the civic. What is more worrisome is that sales in China are down as well.
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature

Registered Member

2018 CX5

Wow , the CX family (3,6,9) are killing it!

Registered Member

Carless

The lack of body design update has hurt the 6 imo. It looks dated and itís brand new. The back end needs an update. And the color choices are bland.

Look... dated? Are you joking? I think it's gorgeous. Looks better then any car in Honda or Toyota's fleet except MAYBE the civic. Although that competes more in the 3's market, it's probably the only other Japanese car that imo even looks slightly appealing.
    The 6 is surely doing a lot better right now then it would have if it had not been updated. As stated several times and as we all know, the car market is slumping across the board. The 6 slump here isn't because the car's no good or the... colors are bad.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Look... dated? Are you joking? I think it's gorgeous. Looks better then any car in Honda or Toyota's fleet except MAYBE the civic. Although that competes more in the 3's market, it's probably the only other Japanese car that imo even looks slightly appealing.
    The 6 is surely doing a lot better right now then it would have if it had not been updated. As stated several times and as we all know, the car market is slumping across the board. The 6 slump here isn't because the car's no good or the... colors are bad.
    All cars are dropping in sales. The accord is going to be down ~14% this year. And the Mazda 6? It will actually be up by ~1.6% from last year. But that is not saying much as sales are down almost 50% from 2015!

Put me down as the person who thinks Mazda should dump the Mazda 3 and 6 in the USA. Have the CX-3, CX-4 (brought to North America), CX-5, a new car called the CX-7 and the CX-9. The CX-8 is too close to the CX-9 for the USA.

They can keep the Miata but all the rest can go.

Banned

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    All cars are dropping in sales. The accord is going to be down ~14% this year. And the Mazda 6? It will actually be up by ~1.6% from last year. But that is not saying much as sales are down almost 50% from 2015!

Put me down as the person who thinks Mazda should dump the Mazda 3 and 6 in the USA. Have the CX-3, CX-4 (brought to North America), CX-5, a new car called the CX-7 and the CX-9. The CX-8 is too close to the CX-9 for the USA.

I can somewhat agree to that...Heck they could bring back the truck too, as long as it's more along the lines of the Yota platform than the Isuzu/Ford (somewhat kidding, but I'd buy one before I bought a Ford or Honda Ridgeline)...

Awwww, don't say that!
    Disagree. I don't think any car company should abandon cars. I think Ford is making a HUGE mistake,

Banned

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Ford will come out of top. They'll still have the Focus and Mustang, and not to mention the Lincoln branded cars for anyone wanting to stay loyal to their sedans...

Couldn't careless what they make here, they'll never sell me an automobile...

Registered Member

Mazda CX5

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post

Completely agree. I canít wait for them to bring that CX4 from China, beautiful looking car. Just the kind of car for where the market here is heading.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast