2014 Shift Panel

ColoradoDriver

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD - 132k miles
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
So one drawback with the gated shifter is getting it to neutral when you killed the battery, portable jump starter didn't work, and have to push it out of the garage to get a jump start from another car.

To do so you have to remove this little plastic tab and jam a screwdriver down there to release the shifter out of Park.

Anyway, I lost the little plastic tab when I tried to put it back on and it flew away to never be found again (so far).

Was looking to see if I could just find the tab. Not finding that, having some trouble figuring out what part that tab is actually a part of.

Does anyone know?

It does not appear that the cover plate (KD31-64-351) is big enough or part of the part that includes that. Then I thought the shift plate (KD31-64-334), but I couldn't tell.

(Not my picture, just grabbed off the googles)
LKaIPei.jpg

Jesus, how do you get that thing in gear? Right, back, left, back, right, select, start? #barbarian

Jesus, how do you get that thing in gear? Right, back, left, back, right, select, start? #barbarian
It's very intuitive as you know exactly what gear its in by feel alone.

But yes...I am the resident barbarian after all! (rofl)

That's sort of neat. Couldn't imagine that in a car today...

EDIT:

OK, I found it (KD47-64-340C-02), and I'm not spending $113. Guess I will scour the car floor some more for that tab.

Last edited:
EDIT:

OK, I found it (KD47-64-340C-02), and I'm not spending $113. Guess I will scour the car floor some more for that tab.

Or find a wrecking yard where you can get access to the interior of the vehicle.

Or, if you're super high-tech (or know someone who is), get one 3D printed! (cool)

Back