2017~2024 How much would you pay for a used 2017 fully loaded CX-5 GT?

:
Mazda
Hello all,

I've been looking to buy a 2017/2018 CX-5, and checking out different dealers in the GTA area online. Just wondering how much y'all think a 2017 fully loaded CX-5 with about 10k-20k mileage on the odometer is worth nowadays.

I'm located in Toronto area, so it'd be great if your estimation is based on the prices in Ontario, Canada, but all opinions are welcome, I'll just do the currency conversion and at least get a general idea. :)

Thank you all! Glad to see an active community!

EDIT: one more question, do you guys think I should wait until 2019 models hit the market if I go for a 2017 model? Will the prices for used 2017 CX-5's drop considerably by then or it won't make too much difference for 2017 models? Thanks!

Last edited:
Buying one or two year old imports is a losing battle. Someone will buy a new 17 for the price you paid for a year old 17. DON'T DO IT.
Used Buicks/ Nissans make sense.

As for your Q how much is 10-20k miles 2017 CX-5 worth : it's not worth the effort.

I paid $27K USD for a new '17 GS in April.

According to Edmunds, $29.5K is a fair price for 2017 CX5 GT with 20K miles.

I would not pay that much for a used GT with 20K miles.
I would either look to pay below $26K or wait for 2019 and buy leftover 2018 GT and get a deal.

Thanks for the replies folks!

yeah i thought about waiting until 2019's come out, but i've been hesitant, as I'm not sure if i can wait til Nov. or Dec. due to some upcoming changes in my personal life, but i can certainly try. Kaps, i assume you meant to say someone will buy a new "2018" for the price i pay for a used 17? just wanted to have some clarification in case I misunderstood you. btw since you mentioned imports, are all CX-5 built in Japan?

I'm actually having my eye on a 2017 recently, a bit more details on this car: dealer is asking for 24500 USD (converted from CAD) but i think it's negotiable. 8484 miles on the clock (converted from KMs, sorry i didn't realize it was below 10k miles when I posted the original thread). The dealers' sticker prices for the comparable brand new '18's are usually around 29k - 30k, just to sort of put it into perspective. So how much do you guys think the 18 models will drop when 19's come out?

Obviously you will be able to get the best deal when the calendar changes from 2018 to 2019 on 2018 models.
There will be maybe $1500 -$2000 discount on 2018 models in Nov and Dec. Possibly more if 2019 GT's come with 2.5T engine.

There are 14 brand new 2017 CX5 in my region now ranging from Sport to AWD GT without tech package. Not 2018s but 2017s. You would pay more for a used 17 than a new one. Its not worth it. Search for new 17s as its old engine and does not have cylinder deactivation. All CX-5 are made in Japan.
Notion that used CX5 are cheaper is not true unless you go really old.

Btw in entire USA still 14 brand new 2016 CX-5 is available per autotrader

darn, only two new 2016's in my area per autotrader, no new 2017. that's within a 250km radius. lol

only one 2017 in whole Canada.. wow, and it's 529km from where i am. it's priced at 28k USD (36.6k CAD)

Buying one or two year old imports is a losing battle. Someone will buy a new 17 for the price you paid for a year old 17. DON'T DO IT.
Used Buicks/ Nissans make sense.

As for your Q how much is 10-20k miles 2017 CX-5 worth : it's not worth the effort.

I dunno, I paid $21.6K for my 2015 used in 2015. What were people getting new Touring AWD CX5's for in 2015?

I dunno, I paid $21.6K for my 2015 used in 2015. What were people getting new Touring AWD CX5's for in 2015?

New 2015s in 2016 would be 15-20% off. More discounts on expensive trims but a new 15 AWD could be had for 23,xxx. Doable if you are near few large volume movers. Small to medium dealership cant do much beyond 10%.

I always get new for the price of used, usually cheaper. Heck, the dealer here has my exact CX-5 with 35k miles on it for what I paid for mine new...Granted, I always seem to muster better deals than others, but still...

I'm sure you could save a couple thousand dollars on a used one with average miles. According to the websites, trade-in on a loaded 2017 with average miles is around $24k. So while dealers might advertise that car for around $28k, their profit is negotiable. But at the end of the day, I'd gladly forfeit $1-2k in hard-searched savings for an identical brand new car. Which is the sentiment others have expressed in this thread.

Regarding 2019, there are no official details yet. The looks certainly won't change. Lots of speculation that they'll offer a more powerful engine, but you'll pay more for that option. I'm hoping they also upgrade the infotainment software and add ventilated seats, but am bracing for disappointment. :)

Thanks all for the replies, much appreciated.

yeah i read somewhere Mazda has confirmed 2.5T are coming to 2019 CX-5. Not sure if it's true, some also said Android Auto and Apple CarPlay will be implemented too. Ventilated seats will certainly be a great addition as well. :)

Thanks all for the replies, much appreciated.

yeah i read somewhere Mazda has confirmed 2.5T are coming to 2019 CX-5. Not sure if it's true, some also said Android Auto and Apple CarPlay will be implemented too. Ventilated seats will certainly be a great addition as well. :)

AA and CP just released. You need two mazda accessories : new usb port plus something else along with new firmware. Approx cost for parts if you install yourself is $200 or less. It boosts the USB ports to 2.1 amps as well.

Im In the same situation as you, but not looking to buy until April-May of next year, when we move.

Ive found a handful of deals for GTs in the same price range as yours, but waiting until Im closer to my buying window to negotiate. Hoping to buy in the $20K-$22K range by then.

Either way you go youre getting a great vehicle! Good luck in the search.

AA and CP just released. You need two mazda accessories : new usb port plus something else along with new firmware. Approx cost for parts if you install yourself is $200 or less. It boosts the USB ports to 2.1 amps as well.

Yeah they'll need to upgrade those two USB ports at the front to 2.1 amps for AA/CP. That's probably one of the only few things that I was kind of disappointed about when I found out, but again i think i can live without AA/CP, though i do like the idea of being able to charge my phones while its screen is on.

I*m In the same situation as you, but not looking to buy until April-May of next year, when we move.

I*ve found a handful of deals for GT*s in the same price range as yours, but waiting until I*m closer to my buying window to negotiate. Hoping to buy in the $20K-$22K range by then.

Either way you go you*re getting a great vehicle! Good luck in the search.

Thanks! I'm moving to another city in a month because of work. There's only one Mazda dealer in that city, but I guess I can always come back to Toronto for car shopping if they don't have a good deal.

Back