Airbag light flashing

:
Mazda P5
I looked this up and people said they just cleaned them and it went away.
I tried that but didn't help, they looked very clean and wires didn't feel loose.
Is there something else I can do or do I have to service the airbags.

The SAS module appears to have two fuses going to it.
The Meter fuse and the Engine fuse.

Fuses number 14 & 15.

Check your ABS light again.
It's supposed to have short and long flashes.

If not, you can ground a jumper wire from the data link connector under link connector under the hood to get it to pulse out the specific code.

The service manual covers it in chapter 8.

It's kinda involved and you have to be careful that you don't blow an airbag into your face.

http://www.floptical.net/mazda/

You could try disconnecting your negative battery terminal and wait ten minutes then reconnect it.

That might rub the code if it was just a fluke.

I'm not sure if disconnecting the battery rubs ABS codes though. It works to rub your check engine codes.

It looks like your passenger side airbag sensor system might have a bad connection. (or be broken)

(I zoomed in a bit so you can read it)

There's a few pages going through the procedure but it hard to read a full page post. (I'm using my cellphone with screenshots)

Last edited:
This is most of what you need to do but make sure you read everything first and be careful.

I had the same thing happen to me, Code 26 to be precise.

To fix it I literally just unplugged it and plugged it back in underneath the seat. Its been over 2 months now so that solved it. Connectors may just be dirty and dust particles must've gotten in over time.
I hope yours is just as easy but yours would have to be a code 37 I believe. (opposite of my airbag)

Back