Service message what do you think

Cambridgehank

:
CX5
We purchased our 2018 CX5 in May 2018. Here in Virginia, the dealer places an inspection sticker in the window, when the car arrives. Our sticker expires in December of 2018. I am assuming that the car arrived in December 2017, which means it might have been built September or October of 2017. We now have a message on the dash display that service needs to be done in 15 days? But we only have 2200 miles on the car and the owner's manual says one year or 10,000 miles. I am thinking of doing only the oil and filter change. Dealer is suggesting a 5,000 miles service. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

With every car I've owned, I've scheduled a basic oil change and inspection service at 5000 miles. I just think that makes sense. I will be doing the same with my 2018 CX5.

In your case I would do the first oil change at about 5,000 miles or one year if you don't put that many miles on it. After that I would do it every 6 - 7,000 miles.
The service should only be oil/filter and tire rotation.

Sounds like when the salesperson delivered your car, they didn't reset the maintenance schedule. You can find it in your car's settings and reset to either flexible or fixed - whichever you feel is appropriate for your driving. Like everyone said so far, you don't need to worry about it until about 5,000 miles.

As a side note - if you are curious, you can check the driver's side door jam for your build date. (It's the same sticker with the tire pressure)

As a side note - if you are curious, you can check the driver's side door jam for your build date. (It's the same sticker with the tire pressure)

Curious if it was a year. Isn't there a time setting for the reminder.

Curious if it was a year. Isn't there a time setting for the reminder? I believe so.

how much should servicing cost if you do it at a Mazda dealership? My 2017 Cx-5 only has 3600 miles on it (almost 1 year)

Back