CX5 Turbo confirmed!

SndChsr

:
2017 CX-5 GT
So I just got a text message from my Mazda salesman whom I asked a few months ago to let me know if the Turbo is coming. I always felt that the car would require more power and was never quite satisfied with the 187 ponies it comes with. I just received a message that the 2019 will indeed offer a Turbo. No exact release date known....yet. This is good news!

You are a Canadian so we cant even say the salesman is a lying scumbag.

Ha! I assume they had some internal meeting this morning where they were told about this and he texted me immediately. I told him that I would be interested in an upgrade when the turbos come in. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

You are a Canadian so we cant even say the salesman is a lying scumbag.

LMAO.

To be fair...dealers were telling people for years that AA/CP was "coming by *insert arbitrary date here*". It eventually did, sure, but they seem to blow plenty of smoke too. I'd wait for an actual announcement.

Old news I'm afraid. Seen several posts online where prospective owners have been told by salesmen that the 2.5T is coming.

Ha! I assume they had some internal meeting this morning where they were told about this and he texted me immediately. I told him that I would be interested in an upgrade when the turbos come in. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

They do that because it's part of their job, maintaining contact with potential customers on a regular basis so that when they do get ready to buy, that dealer/salesman will be the first one you'll visit. Otherwise, he'd just sit on his thumbs all day waiting for his next "up" to walk through the front door!

Writing is on the wall though.

CX9 has 2.5t
Mazda6 has 2.5t

CX-5 is clearly Mazda's #1 best seller...and specifically their higher trims.

A CX-5 2.5T would be a sales success. Having 300TQ, loaded with technology and styling at its price point.

Only question is why didn;t they do this sooner?

Haven't test driven the current CX-5 yet so can't say first hand but as nice as the extra power would be, I'll still be planning to buy the NA engine when the 2019 comes out. Fuel savings is a big plus for me (which is why I can't wait for the Skyactive-X) & having a turbo is just another thing in an engine that can break and cause damage to other engine components. Most likely the day after warranty has ended as well. I know Mazda are a much more reliable engine manufacturer but the principle still applies.

This will also be a family car for me with a little one so not planning on really pushing the car to its limits anyways. If that weren't the case I'd be going for the Miata RF (that little number is just sex on wheels)!!

My point is just that the NA engine is still going to be a popular engine for a lot of people out there.

Haven't test driven the current CX-5 yet so can't say first hand but as nice as the extra power would be, I'll still be planning to buy the NA engine when the 2019 comes out. Fuel savings is a big plus for me (which is why I can't wait for the Skyactive-X) & having a turbo is just another thing in an engine that can break and cause damage to other engine components. Most likely the day after warranty has ended as well. I know Mazda are a much more reliable engine manufacturer but the principle still applies.

This will also be a family car for me with a little one so not planning on really pushing the car to its limits anyways. If that weren't the case I'd be going for the Miata RF (that little number is just sex on wheels)!!

My point is just that the NA engine is still going to be a popular engine for a lot of people out there.

I agree that the NA will likely have the much larger sales than the turbo, but I won't say it's not nice to have that option for the folks who want it.

I want to believe but honestly, I still question it. However, if it shows, sign me up.

Here, apparently 2.5 NA will standard on all models with 2.5T as an option on top two grades (GT & Akera)

Because they either:

• Miscalculated demand/interest
  • Keep it up their sleeve for a subsequent update

or the added cost didn't fit in with the market, or manufacturing supply was limited so they put it the other vehicles first. Ramping up production while maintaining acceptable quality is no easy task.

or the added cost didn't fit in with the market, or manufacturing supply was limited so they put it the other vehicles first. Ramping up production while maintaining acceptable quality is no easy task.

(iagree)

Ramping up production while maintaining acceptable quality is no easy task.

Lol, don*t give me that crap, lol.

One car is made every minute here at BMW NA, or 100k more cars per year than every Mazda made combined...

The new Volvo plant down the road will be doing the exact same thing...

They just missed the boat again, plain and simple...

Lol, don*t give me that crap, lol.

One car is made every minute here at BMW NA, or 100k more cars per year than every Mazda made combined...

The new Volvo plant down the road will be doing the exact same thing...

They just missed the boat again, plain and simple...

oh, ok

Writing is on the wall though.

CX9 has 2.5t
Mazda6 has 2.5t

CX-5 is clearly Mazda's #1 best seller...and specifically their higher trims.

A CX-5 2.5T would be a sales success. Having 300TQ, loaded with technology and styling at its price point.

Only question is why didn;t they do this sooner?

Makes perfect sense to me that theyd put the more powerful engine in the biggest SUV and their sports sedan first. Obviously they didnt need it in the CX-5 to sell a ton of those. Makes for a nice mid cycle perk. Cant wait!

Unlike Toyota, Honda, and Nissan, Mazda does not have a luxury brand.
Mazda needs to offer Signature level CX5 with more powerful engine and better interior.

Back