Video Cleaning AC Fan Blower CX-5

Hi friends , i'll just leave it here . Cheers.

Hi Felix! Thank you for the video. I think I will give this a try on mine. AC definitely making some odd noises on mine when on. Perhaps this will help? (scratch)

Yes!! thanks Felix. I've been meaning to clean the vents with some special vent foaming cleaner. This is actually better to get to the blower fan.

Another example of how its easy to work on Mazdas.

Yes!! thanks Felix. I've been meaning to clean the vents with some special vent foaming cleaner. This is actually better to get to the blower fan.

Another example of how its easy to work on Mazdas.

Sorry...what kinda cleaner?

My vents definitely could use a cleaning lol. I also just recently tried to vent mount a cell phone holder and the clip broke off the mount and into the vent, so trying to figure out what to do about that... (scratch)

Sorry...what kinda cleaner?

My vents definitely could use a cleaning lol. I also just recently tried to vent mount a cell phone holder and the clip broke off the mount and into the vent, so trying to figure out what to do about that... (scratch)

Thanks Felix, just finished this mini project. Living in the desert my blower was extremely dirty.

The blower touches air after the filter. So everything that passes the filter hits the blower first then the rest of the vents. So if your blower and vents are dirty then changing the filter minimizes the mount of small particles added to existing dirt in the blower/vents. Stuff that got past the filter.

The good news? Well the stuff that gets past the filter is very fine dust that can be "scrubbed" off fairy easy. The bad part-essentially access. We cant squeeze our hands inside the vents lol:)

The solution? Well when I get a chance I'll buy a foaming product called Klimacleaner by spraying into the vents. I used this product before. This video shows a guy whom sprayed his blower. A more effective approach would be the remove the blower and hand clean it (Thanks Felix) and with blower out of the way spray the inlet connected to blower with the foam and then all vents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrN7XR6WNiM

I do have an existing condenser coil cleaner made by Nu-Calgon (green colored product) intended for home use that I use to clean my home AC evaporator in the attic and outdoor condenser. It could also be used to clean the CX-5's condenser and even radiator fins. I have a pump spray (think weed killer spray) that I use as a sprayer. This product cleans out dirt and gunk in the condenser and radiator. Essentially helps make the radiator and condenser more efficient by letter more air touch the fin's surfaces. Won't make Ac colder at vents of course but helps make system more efficient (14:00 mark). Otherwise, a simple low pressure water hose down of the evaporator could help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_em9lm69HQ

Back